Soundtracks Better than the Films

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I was listening to Disturbed before they become famous. <hipster mode off>
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

8 1/2, Barry Lyndon, The Tree of Life. Could be others I'm forgetting about too.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
These soundtracks were far better than their respective films:

The Lost World Of Jurassic Park
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
The Life of David Gale
The Life of David Gale was very bad, but that music? Brilliant. Almost made me forgive Kevin Spacey.

Reviews

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Ooh, I just thought of another great answer to this thread. Suspiria, and most other Italian horror films, have some of the best soundtracks. I like the theme for Suspiria way more than the movie.
On the other hand, for me, the music in Suspiria was pretty annoying. Another Argento's movie, Deep Red, even though having a soundtrack made by the same group - Goblin, is a lot better in my eyes.

I've lost interest in The Shawshank Redemption, but still love the film score, the music in areal view coming over the prison, very immersing.

On the other hand, for me, the music in Suspiria was pretty annoying. Another Argento's movie, Deep Red, even though having a soundtrack made by the same group - Goblin, is a lot better in my eyes.
I'll look it up sometime.

Another Argento's movie, Deep Red, even though having a soundtrack made by the same group - Goblin, is a lot better in my eyes.
For a long time it was the ringing of my phone...

^^Yup Agreed!

Also did anyone mention Daredevil?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287978/?ref_=sr_1

Movie.... silly. Soundtrack.... Great!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I know not many (if any) people will agree as the film itself gets a lot of love but I'd put forward A Fistful of Dollars. Finally watched it a few days back and found barely anything to hold my attention. Morricone's score however was excellent.

I'm sure there are others but can't think at the moment

I know not many (if any) people will agree as the film itself gets a lot of love but I'd put forward A Fistful of Dollars. Finally watched it a few days back and found barely anything to hold my attention. Morricone's score however was excellent.

I'm sure there are others but can't think at the moment
I have to say Once Upon a Time in the West. Shares a director and composer. The title track is sublime and the soundtrack overall is excellent. I don't hate the film and there are some fantastic moments whichever way you look at them, but I certainly wasn't enamoured - and pretty bored through large stretches.

I don't like Westerns anyways.... But the above two movies were good but not like something you go crazy about.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think that the Queen of the Damned movie's best elements are entirely from the soundtrack, which features Disturbed, Korn, and a couple of other notable bands. The movie itself is nothing special.I also find myself thinking about Daredevil.

I agree about both A Fistful of Dollars and Once Upon a Time in the West. The soundtrack was great in both, but especially in the second, where it was much better than the movie.