Shaun of the Dead Hits US Theaters

Tools    

Originally Posted by jrs
I saw SOTD waaaaaaaaaaayy before than it was even heard of, or released anywhere and it was then, and still is now one hell of a funny movie. I can't wait till it is released here in the U.S.
When did you see it then?

Originally Posted by CELM02
When did you see it then?

Around 2000 I believe.....I saw a workprint of it. A few years later when people started to fully talk about it, I knew exactly how popular it would get.

Originally Posted by jrs
Around 2000 I believe.....I saw a workprint of it. A few years later when people started to fully talk about it, I knew exactly how popular it would get.
Oh right. Nice One

What JRS, how come you saw it so early? Thats insane, i didnt realise it was made so early or was in any form to watch and living in UK i thought i'd have heard of it sooner if so. Maybe i dont know what a workprint is. Spaced was only in 1999, sure it wasnt the episode it was based on (Resident Evil)

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by jrs
Watching workprints is mean.

Im 90% sure there was absolutely nothing filmed before 2002. I know they had the idea and were working on the idea in 2000, but, Im sure they hadn't started filming....

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yeah 2000 seems extremely early, even for a workprint, though I can find none listed.

I still project that work prints are both mean and wrong.

this is a site i fixed for shaun of the dead, it isnt the greatest cause i dont know how to do all the fancy graphics & html & such but i did my best .. it has ecards /puzzles / info/ trailor/ pics/ icons/ polls/ forums/ trivia/ reviews/ links / quotes / goofs & more

http://www.geocities.com/sotd23/sotd.html

join the shaun of the dead squad, find out what all the buzz is about
http://www.shaunsquad.com/shaunsquad/?u=supervixengirl

I am a film collector and I have recently aquired the Shaun of the Dead Workprint on DVD. If anyone is interested in a trade please contact me at [email protected]

I have'nt seen it yet but I know from looking at the previews that it's going to be hilarious as crap.

And this is my BOOMstick!
I just came back from this movie. All I can say is WOW - it is awesome! Funny, gory, suspensful, even eye-watering at times, this movie has everything. I can't believe how much it exceeded my expectations.

Glad to see we Brits can produce a decent non rom-com that other audiences enjoy, eventhough SOTD was taglined a rom-com with zombies (rom-zom-com) but you know what i mean, not Richard Curtis rom-com. Its a pity that i dont think American audiences would appreciate or recognize the hilarious cameo of other brits

Great movie. The writing is awesome.

Anyone know when it comes out on DVD in Canada?

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Anyone know when it comes out on DVD in Canada?
It JUST opened theatrically. Jeesh.

Sometime next year. I'd guess February-ish, but of course NO ANNOUNCEMENTS HAVE YET BEEN MADE.

Get a region-free player, you can have Shaun of the Dead almost immediately.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

wtf is region-free player?

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Nitzer
wtf is region-free player?
A normal DVD player, say one from America or Canada, can only play Region 1 DVD's from that country. A Region-Free DVD player can play any DVD in the world.