I Just Saw a Truly Great Film, I Think I'll Post it Here Thread

Tools    

I want to see that, but I do happen to think MASH is a fantastic dark comedy. Not as good as the series it spawned, but still very funny.
I have never seen the TV show, my problem with the movie was that I didn't find it all that funny. maybe cos I went with high expectations.
Also, it seemed like TV pilot, maybe it had to do with much of it being in the interiors, but I wouldn't mind watching it again, cos I just love the performances of Donald & Elliott.

La Haine
Best crime movie i ever watched
Movie that goes straight after watching in my top 10
That happens very very rare...

Sokurov's "Faust".Very complex,difficult and I didn't understood everything but for those who like depressing and dark movies this should be great.

Sokurov's "Faust".Very complex,difficult and I didn't understood everything but for those who like depressing and dark movies this should be great.
Was planning to watch this. But then i found out that it was the director of Mother and Son, which was a lousy and horrendous movie.

La Haine
Best crime movie i ever watched
Movie that goes straight after watching in my top 10
That happens very very rare...
Great movie, though its a little racist.

Sokurov created a whole tetralogy apie power.One is about Hitler,another about Lenin,third about an emperor and "Faust" is a final,so I probably see the one about Lenin when I have time.
And depressing movies are good. I like them more than comedies.

The Raid: Redemption (Gareth Evans, 2012)

Wow... The martial arts on display over here are so jaw-droppingly realistic and brutal that I could actually feel the impact of every punch and kick. Almost every fight scene is gory and intense. This makes The Hunger Games look silly. This is my new favourite movie of the year!
People are raving about this movie. You are not the first. I would never have thought about watching but now I have to. I cannot miss out

I just saw Chronicle and i have to say i have not been so impressed by a film in a LONG time. Its absolutely stunning.

~Q~
I just saw Chronicle and i have to say i have not been so impressed by a film in a LONG time. Its absolutely stunning.
Haven't had a chance to see it yet, but thanks for the reminder.

So many movies... not enough Q

I've been surprised by the constant praise for this film. I may have to take a look at it sometime.

Touch of Evil

the Cinemetography, the amazing unique characters, the directorial style, the thrills, the attention to detail, what's not to love about it?

Personally,I was disappointed by it.It could have been great but I think it was a little over the top.

Aguirre, The Wrath of God

Everything about this film is just great, just so memorable and iconic in a number of different ways. The visual images created are stunning which make the trip along the Amazon river haunting and dreamlike. The messages behind the film are superb as we see the sins of humans and the desire of Aguirre to become a great man, his character is so superb and memorable, it is summed up in the fantastic final scene. Going to do a full review soon.

Got "Mulholland Drive" and "There Will Be Blood" ready to watch as well, really looking forward to both.

I just saw "Into the wild", directed by Sean Penn. What a movie!
So different from the mainstream movies, not only because of its theme and the scenery but also because it provokes different thoughts and feelings. It felt heavy to watch, but I had to watch it.

The Acid House

Vulgar, crude, and purely brilliant. I knew nothing of this film coming in, an doing my research I can't think of anything more underrated. Brilliant black and perverted humor. Three intresting stories, in one well set up film, with a electrifying soundtrack. Loved everything about it

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The last truly great film that I saw for the 1st time would have to be Spirited Away. Originality, uniqueness, and adventureous.