The Top 100 Best Comedies (Time Out Magazine)

Tools    

Yeah, but you'd lose.

As Good As It Gets?!?! Jesus! I'd rather watch Monty Python than sit through that again.
Hey, I'm always for quality as opposed to quantity but I don't mind ocassionally taking style over substance. What, one of the greatest living actors at his funniest is too much too digest for you? Whatever, if slapstick floats your world, then so be it.
Never was big on just silly, I prefer comedies with some wit.

Half those movies don't deserve to be in the top 20. And Spinal Tap? Most overrated comedy of all time, certainly not worthy of the top spot, or even the top 50 for that matter. It had a few funny scenes but critics rate that film way too high, why I don't know.

Wow... I must have a seriously bad (or different) humor because I disagree with like 80% of them

Half those movies don't deserve to be in the top 20. And Spinal Tap? Most overrated comedy of all time, certainly not worthy of the top spot, or even the top 50 for that matter. It had a few funny scenes but critics rate that film way too high, why I don't know.
Agreed. It was occasionally amusing, hardly hilarious, and too often boring. I get that it's a beloved classic and all but it's not the funniest ever. Not even close, IMO.

If I want to see a good mockumentary, I'll watch A Mighty Wind again.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

And yes, the list sucks pretty bad. I don't see how a lot of the top movies got rated higher than movies way down the list which are much funnier:

Napoleon Dynamite is funnier than Young Frankenstein? Um, I liked it better than a lot of people I know but no. It is not funnier than Young Frankenstein.

Shaun of the Dead is ranked 16 yet Raising Arizona only ranked 81? I love zombie movies but get real.

Happy Gilmore is a better comedy than Animal House? I'm not even a huge fan of Animal House like many are but I can still see that's all kinds of wrong.

shaun of the dead should probly be #1, its so good i dont even know why it makes me laugh

Because you're high?
Ha ha, I guess that would help. Used to have a girlfriend that smoked weed. Every time she'd get high, she'd clean house for hours. Hell, I wish there were more girls were she came from.