The Interviews: Yoda

Tools    

I'd tell them that, unless they already have a significant amount of traffic at their disposal (and sometimes even if they do), that they need to be prepared to treat the forum like a bad car. It'll need constant, intent monitoring to avoid stalling. You can't just turn the technical keys and cruise down the community freeway.

Running a successful forum is about patience above ALL else.

My life isn't written very well.
Tell us what plans you have for the site in the future.

How about your future? Will "Movie Forums" always be a part of your life?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Well, I'm hoping to finish re-working the content's basic layout sometime before the summer really kicks into gear next month (though technically I ought to have it up before The Matrix: Reloaded). I'd really like this community to, in a sense, run itself, and even run the other areas of the site in time. Call it a sociological experiment. Can this thing take on a real life of its own that could sustain itself if and when I walked away from it?

As for my future, if Movie Forums isn't always a part of my life, some of the people on it will be. If I did ever leave the site behind, or shut it down, though, I doubt I could stay away from community management for long. I love the dynamics of cybersociety, and I owe all the people who've spent time here, as a group, many thanks, for making me a wiser and more open-minded individual through my interaction with them.

Chris, this may sound a little funny, but it is my belief that you have given alot of people comfort here. Giving them a forum in which to cyber-socialize. I'm sure you have provided a space where like-minded people with open-minded personalities can discuss, discover and debate over, not only movie issues, but current events as well.

What would you like to share with your little community here? Those members who have made you laugh, contemplate and ultimately learn a little more about yourself. Any final words to us, the visitors: the people waiting in the green room for a chance to participate on the stage of what is your creative mind?

After Chris' response members, please feel free, now, to ask him any questions. Thanks for your time Chris. The interview is over.

It sounded funny the first time something of the sort was said to me, admittedly, but these days I've come to believe it unequivocally. No, it's not real life...but it's not nothing, either. We have something here. I've felt just about every emotion under the sun towards various members at various times over the last couple of years.

The only thing I'd like to say, is thank you. As cliche as it sounds, none of this would have been possible without all of you. In this place, the visitors ARE the site. Or, to use a fitting analogy: I may be behind the scenes, but they're the ones in front of the camera. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Originally posted by r3port3r66
I've never heard the term "flamer" before. What is it?
An interior designer named Christopher Lowell.

I am having a nervous breakdance
There are a couple of things I'm curious about...

Yoda,

How old are you?

What do you do? What's your occupation? Or, are you a student? If you are a student, what do you study?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally posted by Yoda

I'm 18.

I missed that one by a few years…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

To Yoda:
Have you ever been to Neverland?
Would you agree to letting your son sleep in Michael Jackson's bed with him while you are not around?
Will you name your other sites?

It's Never Never Land, actually, I believe, and no, I've never been there. And no, I would not agree to that. And no, this is not a "ask Yoda" anything thread.

Name my other sites? Whatcha mean? As in, list the other sites I run?

And no, this is not a "ask Yoda" anything thread.
Sorry Yoda. That was not my intention. My intention was to have serious, maybe professional discussions about you, and this website. I thought the interview would appease some curiosity about you, and provide me with some information in which to base a possible story. I didn't expect people to ask you stupid questions, only ones that I may have missed inside the context of this thread. Even Django respected that. Hmm....

No apology necessary at all. I was just mentioning that pre-emptively, as I think Sun may have made that assumption.

I appreciate your interest in me and my site, and I very much enjoyed the interview. I think many view things like conducting interviews as very easy, but anyone with any experience in such matters knows better. As such, I'm quite impressed with your abilities in this field. I think you did a wonderful job and am flattered that you'd ask in the first place.