A Movie Everyone Likes That You Think Is Crap?

Tools    

well i was reading through the topic called "crap movies that you like" and i thought of the opposite. now when reading other peoples movies, try not to argue and stuff since that would be expected when saying a "great" movie is "crap". now of course i dont think these movies are crap (although some might be) but i just dont think they are that good and didnt live up to their hype:

Pulp Fiction - i just watched this for the first time the other day and i was expecting a movie that would just blow my mind after hearing what everyone says about it and seeing that its #16 on the IMDB top 250 list. boy was i let down. i found it really boring and the whole bruce willis story was unneeded

Donnie Darko - i LOVE psychological thrillers (memento is my #1 favorite movie and identity is #6 on my list) but this was just plain old confusing. a good psychological movie should sum everything up at the end but right when the credits started rolling in donnie darko, i was like "so thats it? what the hell hapened?" deffinatly an overrated movie

Requiem For A Dream - just plain boring

every Steven Spielberg movie except for HOOK, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, and the INDIANA JONES TRILLOGY - yes, i honestly think Hook and Catch Me If You Can (the later is more expected) are Spielberg's best movies. all the others i find quite boring/bad.

remember, these are all IMO

Titanic

Armageddon
Donnie Darko (I don't think it's crap, just not good)

Gladiator...I wanted nonstop fighting and I got a stinking love story or at least way to much of one.

Moulin Rouge...It's a musical...nuff said.After seeing that tub o crap,i never gave Chicago a moments notice.

We've had this thread before.

But

Moulin Rouge
Terminator 3
Donnie Darko

Gladiator was mostly fighting..... But every movie should have SOMEWHAT of a sub-plot.
My expectation's are probrably unrealistic of Gladiator but,the first time I saw it I was really disappointed.I wanted to see a true life and death struggle to stay alive and for me that would have been enough.I probrably would have enjoyed it more if my girlfriend at the time was'nt such a .....well ya know

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Insomnia, I'd expected a lot more out of it.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Gore Verbinski's remake of The Ring.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Gore Verbinski's remake of The Ring.
Really, Why?

Moulin Rouge
Titanic
Gone With the Wind

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I ate all your bees.
I really don't like A Clockwork Orange. Not because it was confrontational as some might say but because it did nothing for me. I never connected with the film and found the whole thing pretty stupid.

Originally Posted by yeshli2nuts

every Steven Spielberg movie except for HOOK, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, and the INDIANA JONES TRILLOGY - yes, i honestly think Hook and Catch Me If You Can (the later is more expected) are Spielberg's best movies. all the others i find quite boring/bad.

remember, these are all IMO
I would normally make lesser men out of Pulp bashers, but I agree whole-heartedly with the Speilberg part.

Speilberg is the biggest hack in the business, who puts out a movie every year or 2 to line his pockets. He stuffs them with over-used special effects to wow people, but who's fooled?

He ruined a film that had potential (Stanley Kubrick's partly finished A.I). He took a harsh, brutal story and gave it childish elements (the talking bear? Him seeing his mother again? That's not KUbrick!!!)

I personally believe his best work was Jaws, Jurassic Park, and Schindler's List. Everything else by him is shovelware.

Oh yeah, movies everyone loves but I hate:
Butterfly Effect, Fast and the Furious and it's many clones, Dodgeball, Van Helsing, Gothika, and most new stuff that the pot-heads who hang outside my apartment like.

And while we're dissing stuff, **** Pink Floyd. Meaning of Dark Side of the Moon? What ****ing meaning?! Name a Classic Rock band that had any kind of meaning!
Jeff Buckley - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk
At The Drive-In - Acrobatic Tenemant
Air - Moon Safari

"I'm the man,"
~ David Carradine, Kill Bill Vol. 2

Originally Posted by Stellar Legs
And while we're dissing stuff, **** Pink Floyd. Meaning of Dark Side of the Moon? What ****ing meaning?! Name a Classic Rock band that had any kind of meaning!
Pink Floyd.

As for biggest hack, my vote goes to Guy Ritchie.

Pulp Fiction..it just doesn't do it for me.

Enemies are so stimulating.
casablanca - i think it would have been better if it wasn't 9am when i saw it and i wasnt sitting on the most uncomfortable lecture chairs in the world at the time because i watched a little bit of it the other day on tv and it looked better than the first time.
the other one i didnt like (for the same reason) was ...... for some reason i cant even remember the name. so annoying. had a really famous actor in it, went on to do a bit of directing. the film was like a guide on how hollywood films should be made....i dont know why i cant remember it....oh well...the characters names were henry and helen. the woman had a really annoying voice but i loved her. he worked at a newspaper factory. everyone has heard of this film. anyway, i just thought it went on forever.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

There isn't a damn thing wrong with Spielberg, jeepers.

ANYway, movies I think are crap that everybody else likes?. .

Donnie Darko
the Ring
Little Nicky
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Desperado
And found he was eating his shoe.

remake of the ring
white chicks

i jus didnt like them as much as other people did, there were some good scenes in both movies but the rest jus didnt do it for me

There are those who call me...Tim.
The Adventures of Robin Hood I think that was the name (it had Clark Gable). It's the most irritating film I've ever seen because almost every other line is a hearty laugh from either Robin or his Merry Men. I preferred Prince of Thieves.