Amazing architecture

Tools    

i love great architecture, and i thought we could share our favourite buildings....right now, i only managed to find these two amazing buildings
Kunsthaus in Graz - Austria

Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain ( don't start froggy..)

and there's one building, i'm not sure if it's the headquarters of the EU or some other major organisation that i find really amazing, but i can't really find it....
do share your own favs...( sorry if there's already been something like this )

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by adidasss
Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain ( don't start froggy..)
hehe i cannot shut up!!! but twas an invitation not to, right?
man, you know me better than the brother i don't have!

so you meant Bilbo, Euskadi/Basque Country (for those who don't know, and there are many Adidasss )

very fine pics man!!!!!! do ya have more??

nice post!

Can we try with real bullets now?
The Walt Disney Concert Hall

From the outside it looks a little weird, but the inside is beautiful and they play music

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
hehe i cannot shut up!!! but twas an invitation not to, right?
man, you know me better than the brother i don't have!

so you meant Bilbo, Euskadi/Basque Country (for those who don't know, and there are many Adidasss )

very fine pics man!!!!!! do ya have more??

nice post!
you just couldn't help yourself could you?
and no i don't have more, i tried to find that awesome building in Bruxelles, but i couldn't find it...that's why i made a thread, so you could find them for me...
misirlou, i can't see you picture

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
What about the Segrada Famillia in Barcelona? ( not sure of the spelling Frog, go easy on me, I'm wearing a Basque whilst posting )

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

history *is* moralizing
no, i couldn't, i'm your humble servant for necessary supplementary info!!!!!!

now what's this? i found it about Bruxelles/Bruissel

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
What about the Segrada Famillia in Barcelona? ( not sure of the spelling Frog, go easy on me, I'm wearing a Basque whilst posting )

you were pretty close buddy!
it's Sagrada Família in good Catalan!

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
i was actually thinking more modern architecture, there's simply too many amazing old buildings, although, the sagrada familia is rather new seeing as how it's not finished yet....

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by adidasss
i was actually thinking more modern architecture, there's simply too many amazing old buildings, although, the sagrada familia is rather new seeing as how it's not finished yet....
there's a Catalan film where it's "finished"*, reconstructed as it shall be thru computer...

* with the central tower twice as high as the others

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
no, i couldn't, i'm your humble servant for necessary supplementary info!!!!!!

now what's this? i found it about Bruxelles/Bruissel
nah, that isn't it, it's a modern building made of glass and steel, and in one part, where it's oval, it starts normally but then there's less and less glass, there's only the steel, very abstract and amazing, i'm not sure if it's in Bruissel hey, that's actually how we call the town in croatia....we're smart aren't we...

The People's Republic of Clogher

On a more homely note, St Patricks in Dungannon. Do you see the roof just above the silver car? That's my house, that is.

There's the view from my front window:

The Bradbury Building Los Angeles, CA
George Wyman, 1893

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Burj Al arab

Greatest hotel ever

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Tacitus, I love the blue tiles on that church. So pretty. Your house is the only thing near it, from taht pic. Was it a rectory?

Holden, I didn't realise that building was in LA. Am going to look for it next time I'm downtown.

My favorite place is Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, in Akron, Ohio.
It's a tudor mansion built by the Seiberling family in the 1910's. There have a grape arbor, a rose garden, a japanese garden, a yard for tennis/croquet and a nice long trail for horseback riding. There is a terrace on the back of the house where they do Shakespearean plays in the summer. The rooms aren't huge (well, except the greatroom) but they're so pretty and also comfortable to be in. Here are some samples:

The front of the house:

The terrace, from across the pool at the edge of the Japanese Garden:

The birch alley... You look down this from the main hallway on the ground floor, and where those people are standing, you can overlook one of the gardens and the Cuyahoga Valley. Miraculously, you see very few buildings from that vantage point:

The Music Room (ok, I guess this is also a huge room):

The end of the above room:

The Great Room:

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Holden, I didn't realise that building was in LA. Am going to look for it next time I'm downtown.
The Bradbury has been used in a bunch of movies, including BladeRunner, Chinatown, Wolf, Marlowe, Pay It Forward and the original D.O.A. (1950).