What are you watching tonight?

Tools    

It's Halloween.

What are you watching?
I think I'm going to pop in The Descent.

It's been a while, and it's scary as hell.
Caught the last half of a rerun of the original The Haunting on TV when I got home from work. It had been a long time since my wife had seen it, so it was almost like she was watching for the first time, which was fun for me. Later after the Trick-or-Treaters had toddled off to their sugar-caked beds, TCM ran a real gem, The Body Snatcher (1945) directed by Robert Wise. The smiling malevolence of coachman and grave-robber John Grey was Boris Karloff's best role in a long and distinguished career. It was a real pleasure to see it again.

Wednesday nights I tutor people who can't speak/read English. When I went home I watched about half an hour of Blackula but got bored and ended up reading the first 40 pages of Cosmopolis by Don Delillo instead. Maybe I should have watched Begotten.
Or the Tin Drum.

Caught the last half of a rerun of the original The Haunting on TV when I got home from work. It had been a long time since my wife had seen it, so it was almost like she was watching for the first time, which was fun for me. Later after the Trick-or-Treaters had toddled off to their sugar-caked beds, TCM ran a real gem, The Body Snatcher (1945) directed by Robert Wise. The smiling malevolence of coachman and grave-robber John Grey was Boris Karloff's best role in a long and distinguished career. It was a real pleasure to see it again.
I love The Body Snatcher; not a much as I love The Haunting, but it's still a great movie. I recently bought it in a two-fer deal: The Body Snatcher and I Walked With A Zombie on one CD. It's part of the Val Lewton series that came out recently.

I love The Body Snatcher; not a much as I love The Haunting, but it's still a great movie. I recently bought it in a two-fer deal: The Body Snatcher and I Walked With A Zombie on one CD. It's part of the Val Lewton series that came out recently.
Yeah, in those last scenes from The Body Snatcher, Karloff looked more like a corpse than most corpses I've seen. And that earlier bit where he's entertaining his next victim, played by Bela Lugosi, by singing the old Scots tune about real-life “resurrectors” William Burke and William Hare was a nice touch!

“Burke's the Butcher, Hare's the Thief
and Knox Is the Man That Buys the Beef.”

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and was going to watch Children of the Corn, and maybe something else, but I've been feeling crappy and went to bed after the first one instead...

...nothing creepier than creepy kids...

Went to the theatre to see 30 Days Of Night and boy was it quite gory and bloody. I liked the Vampires, but there was some hokey stuff throughtout the movie that didn't make much sense.

The wicked witch of west durham...
This is why I havent said a word to you since you returned home

I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and was going to watch Children of the Corn, and maybe something else, but I've been feeling crappy and went to bed after the first one instead...

...nothing creepier than creepy kids...
For this...

Isaac judges you.