R.I.P My Dog

Tools    

My dog's name is Taylor "Duke of Nod". I have had him since he was a pup. We got to love him so as part of the family. He brought so much happiness in the household.
Of course he was a little annoying at times but what pet isn't, right?
Now, it has been 15 years later, he has started to choke, cough, walk into walls, cry at night, and whatnot. Just hell for him and us.
Tomorrow is the day he is being put to sleep. I know I will be coming home from work the first week and expecting him there. It's gonna be tough.

God Bless ya' Taylor!

I'm truly sorry to hear about that Jason. I know the pain of losing a pet, I don't envy you. Good fortune freind.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Condolences.

Oh wow… I am so so sorry jrs…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

i'm sorry, that's sad ....my advice, take a moment tomorrow night to sit outside and look at the stars, pick one of them and say goodbye to the Duke...my best wishes, Nicky

It isn't you, man. Or the dog. Losing pets suck, sure. My dog was hit a truck once while someone else was minding it. Jerk!

Anyway, what I can't help but be cynical about a heap of people saying sorry. Tell me. Are they the ones killing the dog? Are they the ones who made the dog old and sick? Did they know the dog? Then why are they sorry? Or hurt? I'd like to know which one of them felt true sorry at all, let alone for five seconds, after reading your post. Sure, the thread belongs in this thread, but it is the replies you've got that have me cynical, not the ridiculous fact that you think it warrants its own thread.

Sure. It sucks that your dog has to die, but I would really like to know who here thought about it for more than five seconds after having posted their quote/unquote condolences?

I'm sorry too! But only because I went nuts just now.
I'm sorry that once again I'm looking like the bad guy. The evil Bullet. Cynically Silver.

At least my message to you is sincere, man:

Dogs dying sucks. And the world keeps rotating.
I'll be sure to start a thread about it when my Grandmother dies.

You know SB you might very well be right....but then again Ive never owned a dog long enough to have it die on me so I dont know.

SO, In that case, Jrs1013, Im sorry for your loss.

.......sorry to hear that.............jrs

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

SB,

When your grandmother dies, try to count how many people say something like "I'm so sorry" or "you have my deepest condolences." It's generally considered polite to say those things, and often times people genuinely feel horrible about the loss, even if they don't know the person they are saying this stuff to very well. Many people really do think of their pets as family members. When my dog died, mentioning it in the "Ups and Downs of your Day" thread would have been a ridiculous belittlement of the importance my dog had in my life and others.

My sincere condolences, Jrs.

My life isn't written very well.
I'm sorry jrs. Not only for the decision you had to make, but for the loss of your best friend as well. Farewell Taylor "Duke of Nod", you will be missed.

"You're only a dog, old fellow;
a dog, and you've had your day;
But never a friend of all my
friends has been truer
than you alway. "

--Julian S. Cutler

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Silver Bullet = Cruella DeVil

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, JRS.

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity:
I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Jrs.
Hypocrite.

Silver,

You're not quite right about the true meaning of the word sorry. It sounds like an admission of guilt, but it comes from the word sorrow. We can feel sorrow and empathy for Jason because he is a regular here at MoFo and people like him. It also makes us feel good to show someone that we care. Maybe you're looking to deeply into this. Must be that over acheiving brain of yours.

I would still like to know who thought about the dog for more than five seconds after having posted their one word posts...

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

Hypocrite.

I'm not being a hypocrite. I meant those words.

And you know what? YOU made everyone think about Jason's dog for more than five seconds because YOU won't leave it alone! You are already obsessed about this thread! YOU LOVE IT AND YOU KNOW IT.

I certainly love the title of the thread, yes.

I'll leave it around and admit that maybe I'm wrong about what people feel for the dog in question. But only that maybe I'm wrong...