What's Your Least Favorite/Most Hated Movie... and Why?

Tools    

Sorry, but aside from Ripley all of the characters are one-dimensional and worthless.
Quoted for truth.

In Aliens they're all silly cardboard characters with ridiculously over-the-top dialogue. There's only so many times I can listen to "game over man, game over!" before I want to pluck Bill Paxton's tongue out.
Quoted for truth.

BTW that "so many times" is one. And one is more than enough.

Originally Posted by Blix the Goblin
I think Alien is a perfect
Well, I disagree with you right there. No movie is without sin.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Oh God... that's a movie I'd consider one of the worst films I've seen.
Really? People are fairly split on that one.

For me, all I really came away from it with is, "Well, the CG was really good."

Alice In Wonderland (2010)

I'm not a fan of Tim Burton, however he has done a few films that I have found some entertainment in, but with this there was 0 entertainment to be found. It just felt so long and drawn out, none of the characters were interesting and the whole thing just felt like Time Burton saying "Look at how dark and quirky this remake is".

The point was, if I must spell it out, that honeykid's condemnation of overquoting Aliens is ironic, since his favorite movie, Jaws, is guilty of producing the same thing.

Even more ironic is you chose a Dana Scully gif to represent how skeptical you are which enables me post a Fox Mulder gif to represent how right I am.

Originally Posted by Melvinj0
Alice In Wonderland (2010)

I'm not a fan of Tim Burton, however he has done a few films that I have found some entertainment in, but with this there was 0 entertainment to be found. It just felt so long and drawn out, none of the characters were interesting and the whole thing just felt like Time Burton saying "Look at how dark and quirky this remake is".
It sounded more like "Look how inferior this is to the dark remake you hoped this was going to be".

Welcome to the human race...
Sorry, but aside from Ripley all of the characters are one-dimensional and worthless. In the original film the characters seem like real people, working stiffs trying to make a living. In Aliens they're all silly cardboard characters with ridiculously over-the-top dialogue. There's only so many times I can listen to "game over man, game over!" before I want to pluck Bill Paxton's tongue out. Not to mention the tacked-on "love interest" and daughter surrogate that acts as the MacGuffin.

It boils down to the story being paint-by-numbers and dull, the cast consisting of dumbed-down stock characters from old war movies, and the Xenomorphs which were powerful and threatening in the original are reduced to cannon fodder. The only shining light is Sigourney Weaver's perfomance which is perhaps the best of her career.
Now I have to ask why Starship Troopers is in your top 10.

It's been a while, but I remember it as an overlong and uneven mess that was silly and offensive.
Seems pretty popular in it's "long version". How was it silly and offensive?

Seems pretty popular in it's "long version". How was it silly and offensive?
I'd have to see it again to comment properly, which I plan on doing. I mostly remember some small things; like the overly forced and melodramatic use of The Beatles' Yesterday, the farcical tone of the film as it showed the characters as boys, and De Niro driving his cohorts into a lake right after they committed a massacre because he was pissed off. I remember thinking the movie was offensive in how it treated women, and there was a quick scene with a baby spread eagle that turned my stomach, a great scene for pedophiles to watch over and over again.

I'd have to see it again to comment properly, which I plan on doing. I mostly remember some small things; like the overly forced and melodramatic use of The Beatles' Yesterday, the farcical tone of the film as it showed the characters as boys, and De Niro driving his cohorts into a lake right after they committed a massacre because he was pissed off. I remember thinking the movie was offensive in how it treated women, and there was a quick scene with a baby spread eagle that turned my stomach, a great scene for pedophiles to watch over and over again.
>__> Does not sound like my cup of tea.

And I don't like tea.