Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Vampire and the Ballerina (1960)

Visually quite impressive vampire flick that falls flat due to terrible script and wooden acting. It copies Nosferatu and Vampyr adding some jazz dance and sexual innuendo (and those trees swinging in the wind remind me of some Japanese B&W horror I can't name at the moment). If only the writing was on the same level as cinematography. Only the looks raise this above bad.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Fire in Paradise (Zackary Canepari & Drea Cooper, 2019)

Lucky Devils (Ralph Ince, 1933)

I'm Still Alive (Irving Reis, 1940)
+
The Peanut Butter Falcon (Tyler Nilson & Mike Schwartz, 2019)

Young man (Zack Gottsagen) with Down Syndrome, who has escaped from his care facility, learns a lesson from his new friend (Shia LaBeouf) who's teaching him he's more accomplished than others will allow him to be and perhaps grooming him for his dream - to try to be a wrestler.
Ophelia (Claire McCarthy, 2018)

Boo! A Madea Halloween (Tyler Perry, 2016)

No Place Like Home (Perry Henzell, 2006)

The King (David Michôd, 2019)

Henry V (Timothée Chalamet) watches as his army lays siege to a French castle on the way to Agincourt
Bedevilled (Chul-soo Jang, 2010)

Water Wrackets (Peter Greenaway, 1975)

Stunts (Mark L. Lester, 1977)
+
Luce (Julius Onah, 2019)

Flanked by his high school teacher (Octavia Spencer) and his adoptive mother (Naomi Watts), Eritrean native Luce (Kelvin Harrison Jr.) is at the center of many things happening at his high school although he may be the only one who knows why.
The Public (Emilio Estevez, 2018)
+
Visitation (Suzan Pitt, 2013)

A 3 Minute Hug (Everardo González, 2019)

An Elephant Sitting Still (Qian Hu, 2018)

Probably two hours too long, tale of helpless and hopeless life in modern China does accumulate some power. R.I.P. the director.
The Wonders (Alice Rohrwacher, 2014)

Murder in Mississippi (J.P. Mawra, 1965)

Windows (Peter Greenaway, 1975)

The Prayer (Cédric Kahn, 2018)
+

Drug addicts congregate in a French mountain community to use prayer to try to come clean.

Bedevilled (2010)

Shark Night (2011)

The Voice Of The Violin (D.W. Griffith, 1909)

A Corner In Wheat (D.W. Griffith, 1909)

Death's Marathon (D.W. Griffith, 1913)

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Primal: The ever so busy Nicolas Cage plays Frank Walsh, a big game hunter who has nabbed his biggest one yet, a rare white jaguar that he plans to sell to the highest bidder. On a ship to go head to Puerto Rico, he joins a US government task force, who have taken in a terrorist named Loffler, who is set to be extradited. However, Loffler fakes a seizure, escapes on the ship and to ensure he will be staying out of the cage, unleashes Walsh's jaguar along with some monkeys and snakes.

Fun popcorn film that has Cage not going too OTT , and I have always been a fan of Kevin Durand since Waking Tall. As Loffler, he brings this bit of a charm to the role. He's not totally evil as it seems. There are a few sweet turns and twists along the way, but its purpose is met. If you like just some good not too serious fun, this is one action flick then worth looking at.

Phoenix (Christian Petzold, 2014)

Nicely unhurried, well acted and presented but does push the bounds of plausibility

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Wolf Children (2012) - Rewatch on Blu-ray

So the messed up TV tried to mess with Wolf Children, too. It was a bit difficult to hear the actors at times - again, because of how this TV is, especially when someone was whispering, but since I have a good memory, I had a pretty good handle on what was being said. Of course, Funimation's excellent English dub wasn't as subdued as that of A Silent Voice. Colleen Clinkenbeard's turn as Hana, the woman who falls in love with a wolfman, bears his children, and ends up having to raise them on her own, managed to come through clearly at every turn, and surprisingly, this is also the case with David Matranga as said wolfman. Also, someone would have to try pretty hard to subdue the late Jerry Russell's - whose memory the dub is dedicated to - gruff but likable turn as Grandpa Nirasaki. The Blu-ray is also the best the film's looked outside of the theater and I couldn't help noticing things I didn't notice the first time around, like the fact that Yumi from Hosoda's previous film Summer Wars shows up in two different scenes. Man, can't wait to move in somewhere so I can watch it on a TV of my own that's not screwed up like the one in this room - bet it would sound amazing on that one.

All very good.

Deathwatch - An enjoyable enough film about strange goings on in a WW1 trench.

Wanted to like it. It's why we went to the theater for the first time in two years but holy cow, I was completely bored watching this. GF liked it, so it wasn't a total waste.

“I was cured, all right!”

This was the WORST experience I've ever had inside a movie theater. Outrageous. Terminator 3 looks like Citizen Kane after this! I swear, I've never got so sick watching a movie before.
People will like this for the wrong reasons...

Terminator SJW is a watchable but insulting film. Pretty much anytime a female is on screen she's either a lead, or in position of authority. If a guy is on screen he's a victim or an ahole...it's distracting. The good news is Linda Hamilton is very good in this...she actually has a personality she's not just a female who exists to tell other people what to do (like the other two female leads). It would be nice if they called Grace a cyborg and not "advanced". Miller does a great job with the action set pieces I was worried the film would look cheap and the money just went to Arnie, Linda, and Cameron. The film has two horrible moments of CGI/makeup usage (someone needs to be old another needs to be young they both fail).

Actually thinking about the film they made numerous mistakes...instead of trying to copy Wonder Woman or Ghost Busters. They should have looked at Kong Skull Island and had a large body count of disposable characters. I mean what was the reason that only one person needs to come back from the future to save the lead.

(maybe 2.77)

Make a better place

I'm really glad you gave it a 10, I gave it the same rating the moment it finished and I thinks it's one of my favorites of all time