Jurassic World

Tools    

I'm excited for this, the original JP is my favorite film ever and I enjoyed the sequels as well, and I hope this one will be a good series finale.

Colin Trevorrow is to direct Jurassic Park 4, he previously directed the film Safety Not Guaranteed. An interesting choice.
I think this is a mistake. Safety Not Guaranteed underwhelmed the crap out of me.

I like each new jurassic park film less and less. The first one was great, the second one was not as good but still pretty good, and the third one was just meh. But still exicted to see this one because as a whole I love the trilogy

I hate the first one because it lied to me about velociraptors.

My childhood is a ******* lie.

Funny thing with the raptors in JP...

They took what they knew about Velociraptors and tweaked them into 7ft tall monsters...

In real life, a couple of years later, scientists found fossils of a new type of Raptor, that has since been named Utahraptor... which is almost identical to the artistically licensed Velociraptors of Jurassic Park.

So in effect, by using artistic license, Spielberg created a creature that did actually exist, but nobody had yet discovered it.

I still say a full on reboot with a closer take to the book is needed though. Spielberg's family oriented film is good to be sure, but a closer take on Crichton's novel could be a proper, decent, 18 rated film.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
As someone who loves the first Jurassic Park and really enjoys the 2nd film I am tentatively excited about another entry in the franchise. Although I'm just glad they didn't go with their original idea -

Jurassic Park IV's insane script

Dinosaurs created through a melding of dinosaur, human and dog DNA?! That carry guns and fight crime?!!!

Funny thing with the raptors in JP...

They took what they knew about Velociraptors and tweaked them into 7ft tall monsters...

In real life, a couple of years later, scientists found fossils of a new type of Raptor, that has since been named Utahraptor... which is almost identical to the artistically licensed Velociraptors of Jurassic Park.

So in effect, by using artistic license, Spielberg created a creature that did actually exist, but nobody had yet discovered it.

I still say a full on reboot with a closer take to the book is needed though. Spielberg's family oriented film is good to be sure, but a closer take on Crichton's novel could be a proper, decent, 18 rated film.
Yeah in real life Velociraptors were about the size of a German Shepard.

Well JP4 has a director in the form of Colin Trevorrow and he has decided to start posting teaser pics on Twitter.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/jurass...s-teaser-image

Apparently JP4 is to return to the original island too.

One thing that I wonder about...

Will JP4 do what JP3 did to The Lost World and have absolutely nothing to do with the film before it.

The island in JP3 had no resemblance to The Lost World and there were no reused sets either. It was like a completely different place.

Hopefully they'll rebuild the sets from the original film, dilapidated of course but still, I hope there's at least some nostalgia and recognisability going on... rather than just a film full of continuity errors.

Bit more news.

The writers behind Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes are doing the scripting and screenplay.
Which I reckon could be a good thing.

Dino expert Jack Horner has been on board as well and has said there'll be a new and more terrifying Dino included.
Bur where did this "new" Dinosaur come from? It wasn't on the island in the first film, so why has it suddenly appeared?
Maybe the same place that Spinosaur crawled out from for JP3... you know the one, that continuity error Spinosaur that wasn't in The Lost World.

It's like The Lost World having Pterodactyls appear at the end and then suddenly in JP3 they were all locked up in that big cage... you know the one, that big continuity error of a cage which suddenly appeared in JP3.

I don't know. Not holding much hope for this.

Just let it die already.

Iron Fitness: http://ironfitnessonline.com/