Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

Semper Fooey
It looks okay. Could be a good movie. They are right to start the story from scratch.

Love the trailer, love everything ZS had done,can't wait to see it!!

I've warmed to a lot of this. I boycotted the film a few months back after all the reporting I was doing dug up some stuff I didn't initially like.

Looking forward to it now tbh.

As a huge Superman fan I am really looking forward to this one. I hope it's actually good, unlike Superman Returns and in future movies they use bad guys we haven't seen on film before.

Iron Fitness: http://ironfitnessonline.com/

I feel sorry for that other actor who played Superman a few years ago, I've never seen in him another film since. The whims of the film industry I guess.

So he has no red knickers for the whole film? glad they have got rid of them if that's the case.
They got rid of the red undies when DC rebooted their universe... again. Hence the costume in this movie.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The newest trailer seemed more in line with what I'd wanna see from a Superman movie, so I think I may actually see it, but still don't like the new costume. Too dark. Not everything needs to be dark.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

We've gone on holiday by mistake
For some reason I'm not as exited as I should be for this one.

Taken from LA Times

Long before director Zack Snyder began making “Man of Steel,” he’d heard a little piece of comic-book trivia that stuck with him: Superman’s red-and-yellow S-shield is the second-most-recognized symbol in the world, surpassed only by the Christian cross.
“Whether that’s completely true or not, I don’t know, but you want it to be true. You feel like it could be true,” Snyder said. “And it’s intimidating to say, ‘We’re going to take on the “S” and we’re going to make it live again.’”
Reviving the world’s first comic-book superhero on the big screen — he turns 75 this year — is no small task, despite the ubiquity of that logo. The trick, says the director, was to treat the character seriously — and to have a script penned by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer, major forces behind the massively successful “Dark Knight” film trilogy. The pair aimed to modernize the Last Son of Krypton and recruited Snyder (whose previous films include comic adaptations “300” and “Watchmen”) to direct the film, which flies into theaters June 14.
“In the comic-book universe, you have all these sort of minor celebrities that have been put up as the end-all, be-all,” Snyder said, including past films that have featured Green Lantern, Ghost Rider and the Punisher among others. “And then you have the fallen king who’s sadly relegated to the shadows. It’s cool to resurrect him and say, ‘Understand that this is the granddaddy of all superheroes.’”
The Clark Kent portrayed by Henry Cavill in Snyder’s film lives in today’s world, not an idyllic, sepia-tinged past nor a gleaming, glossy future.

“It’s the most realistic movie I’ve made,” Snyder said. “There’s no tongue in anyone’s cheek. I’m not apologizing for Superman in any way. I’m saying, ‘Superman is a thing that must be taken seriously and embraced and understood.’”
The filmmakers approached “Man of Steel” as though no other Superman film had been made, referring solely to the comics as source material, said producer Charles Roven.
“We had the canon that we needed to pay homage to,” Roven said. “We need to make sure that Superman comes from Krypton. We weren’t going to change that — those kinds of touchstones. But everything else between those touchstones was fair game.”
After the bleak and gritty Dark Knight films and the slick glibness of Tony Stark and his ilk, the filmmakers believe the time is ripe for a hero as earnest and sincere as Superman, the eternal advocate of “truth, justice and the American way.” But unlike previous iterations of the Big Blue Boy Scout, Cavill’s Superman isn’t always sure what that means.
“He’s not super-perfect, and he might not always make the right decision, especially as he’s growing up and trying to find himself,” said producer (and Snyder’s wife) Debbie Snyder. “I think he’s struggling to find out what is the right thing to do.”

“We tried not to make him so predictably morally black and white,” Zack Snyder added. “We gave him some shades of gray. His inherent goodness is still there, and if you really think about it, you still want him to be right and to make the right choices and to do the right thing. I think that we all hope for that in ourselves, and I think that’s what always has made him a very interesting character. He’s a Christlike figure. There’s no two ways about it.”
By couching Superman’s intrinsic goodness in the face of the human struggle in a realistic, sometimes harsh world, the filmmakers illuminated a message that’s already omnipresent on T-shirts, jewelry, backpacks and kids’ pajamas: The glyph that Superman wears on his chest doesn’t stand for Superman as many people believe; the S-shield is actually the Kryptonian symbol for hope itself.
“It very much is a story of hope,” said Cavill, the British actor who starred in “Immortals” and Showtime’s “The Tudors.” “Hope is strength and victory against adversity, or at least the hope of victory against adversity, and that is what Superman represents.”

Semper Fooey
What's hilarious is him saying Superman is the most realistic movie he ever made, and it might be, but that says someting about the type of movies he makes, that none of them are realisitic.

Heh! I thought Watchmen was like a documentary tbh...

Again though, after becoming disheartened with what I saw a while back, this is shaping up to be one of only three films I've actually been really excited about.

Jurassic Park, The Dark Knight Rises and Man Of Steel.

All other films have been good and some I've looked forward to, but this is one I'm actually excited for.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
If Superman actually says, "for truth, justice and the American way" I will puke in my massive popcorn bucket.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Another new image revealed with Supes in front of the 'mercan flag.
Apparently that suit is what Kryptonions used for underwear before the planet went boom. So the one no-brainer is a resurgence in Underoo tie ins, but not just for kids. Mark my words, they will be made available in Rodent sized as well.

If Superman actually says, "for truth, justice and the American way" I will puke in my massive popcorn bucket.

I doubt he'll actually say it... this Supes is supposed to be more realistic and intelligent than the ones before.

(sorry... heh heh heh!)

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

I'm actually considering not seeing this now until it comes out on a sale price in the DVD shop.
Nobody believes you, not even Mom.

I double dog dare you though

also since Clark is seen being scruffy as well as clean shaven in the trailer, it stands to reason this scene will make the cut :