Good movies that could have been even better?

Tools    

I am Legend-the cliche,generic ending ruined this one. They should have went with that other ending where it turns out the monsters were just trying to retrieve one of their own.
I totally agree, man. If you watch the movie again, but ignore the stupid ending, it's actually a very good movie, with top class acting by the lone Will.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I Am Legend is great exactly until the other two people show up. And she starts blabbering about hearing god now that the world is quieter.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah it was a great film until the final quarter. This movie could have been a classic. I still enjoy it the film though.

I totally agree regarding PULP FICTION and the gold watch scene...I love Christopher Walken but the scene brings the film to a dead halt. Whenever I watch the film now, I always FF through that scene.

I totally agree regarding PULP FICTION and the gold watch scene...I love Christopher Walken but the scene brings the film to a dead halt. Whenever I watch the film now, I always FF through that scene.
I know you probably won't see/reply, but HK is talking about the chapter rather than the Walken scene. But I think the Walken scene is one of the best things about the film, great cameo appearance.

I know you probably won't see/reply, but HK is talking about the chapter rather than the Walken scene. But I think the Walken scene is one of the best things about the film, great cameo appearance.
For sure, deadpan hilarity. Actually I think Pulp Fiction is perfect as it is.

Pontypool did great at building up the situation and the tension, but towards the end it lost its way a bit, and failed to put the cherry on the top. Still fun to watch.

God Bless America. I love the premise and some of the scenes are magic, but the movie loses focus somewhere in the middle.

Battle Royale.

I was so hyped up about it, a lot of people told me it might disturb me and was traumatizing. It was a good movie but could've been much better imo. Though the whole schoolkids killing eachother for survival thing is disturbing and super harsh, but for some reason, it didn't live up to its hype for me. This is really random but I wanted it to give me that "Alien" feeling (i guess video game feeling?) of having to run and hide/ being terrified. Oh and the ending was bad.

^ I thought it was pretty darn good. Way,way better than The Hunger Games. I thought what the movie did get right was the tension. I think you might have come in with too high expectations.

^ I thought it was pretty darn good. Way,way better than The Hunger Games. I thought what the movie did get right was the tension. I think you might have come in with too high expectations.
Battle Royale

Hunger Games

Both good enjoyable movies but I found BR to be more powerful.