Hell or High Water
Lion
Manchester by the Sea
Fences
Hidden Figures
La La Land
Hacksaw Ridge

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Suprised Hacksaw Ridge is near the bottom on everyone;s list with such a low rating. I thought it was exemplary filmmaking. Could someone let me know what they didn't like about the film? I would love to see things from a different perspective.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Suprised Hacksaw Ridge is near the bottom on everyone;s list with such a low rating. I thought it was exemplary filmmaking. Could someone let me know what they didn't like about the film? I would love to see things from a different perspective.
I really like the movie as well, just as an FYI. But I suppose I can see why others wouldn't in a way.

I don't like the musical genre as a whole, but it's still one of my favorite movies.
I'm partial to both actors, so I should give it a shot. But it really has to be when I am in the mood for a musical or I'll look like gruumpy cat all the way through from the first time they broke into song onwards.

Do they dance too? Is it singing AND dancing?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm partial to both actors, so I should give it a shot. But it really has to be when I am in the mood for a musical or I'll look like gruumpy cat all the way through from the first time they broke into song onwards.

Do they dance too? Is it singing AND dancing?
Yes but it's great. The story is what makes the film though, none of that no-story nonsense.

Yes but it's great. The story is what makes the film though, none of that no-story nonsense.
I'll have to just brace myself for the breaking into song parts.

My review is below. It's genuinely one of the most awful films I have ever seen. (pound for pound given hype, reviews and budget etc)

Firstly, the true story of Desmond Doss is absolutely incredible, he is a bona fide war hero. This movie is not incredible. Which is a giant shame. Doss deserved a more intelligent war movie about what he faced and what he believed in.

Instead, we get a hammed up, cliche driven parody which borders on a superhero comedy. Vince Vaughn doing one liners. A torso as a human shield. Slow motion action shots of grenades in mid air ( yes I know Doss did really kick one of of the way but not in slow motion like a south american soccer player doing an overhead kick). It has dialogue so tired and overused that it belongs in a vault with the key thrown away ("We gat company boys!"). Could the scriptwriters really not think of something else to say?

By the end of the first act, I expected someone's teeth to glisten in the sunlight whilst winking, before devouring a forkful of blueberry pie. The heroine may as well have mopped her brow with the outside of her hand and fainted. So utterly inane.

Oh and the Japanese are apparently barely human evil enemies too.

Gushing, pro USA claptrap despite some nice photography. A big shame.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
My review is below. It's genuinely one of the most awful films I have ever seen. (pound for pound given hype, reviews and budget etc)
Fair enough, I personally loved it, but at least you backed up your points instead of saying "It was stupid" (99% of Youtube comments)