What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

And at the end of fear, oblivion

The People's Republic of Clogher
Love Midnight Oil (Love Tracy Tracy too, but in a different way ).

In terms of politically/environmentally-charged bands, they're the anti-U2.

That reminds me of the old gag where Bono is doing his 'everytime I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies' schtick. 'Fer feck's sake, stop clapping then!', cries a voice from the crowd.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm listening to my daughter Sarah's and her intern Mike's show streaming on kxsc.org until 7 PM. I've heard Sparks. Elvis Costello, Alice Cooper, The Unlovables and Mike's currently playing Hall and Oates' "She's Gone"! I can't wait to hear Sarah's upcoming set.

Oh crap, now it's "Abel" by the National.

John D'Arcy - More Like Me

This Undertones/Divine Comedy gig I'm getting excited about also has John D'Arcy on the bill. He's an excellent little songwriter - Nothing mindblowing yet but I think it's in there.

Ash are also playing. I'll be in the bar...

I've only just got round to configuring Media Player on my new PC. I could lose a few days now.

The Verve - Love is Noise

&ob=av3e

What a stonking single. Somebody (well, me) said they were Oasis for intelligent people but Verve were more, so much more. Their early stuff especially was a veritable sonic sculpture.

&ob=av2e

Love me some Warren Storm.

His version of Tennessee Waltz is my favorite.