The Zone of Interest
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The nominees are...

American Fiction
Barbie
Oppenheimer
Poor Things
The Zone of Interest
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Happy for Oppenheimer. I thought the screenplay for Barbie was the worst thing about it and didn't deserve this nomination. I haven't seen the other three nominees. This category feels too close to call though.

I say Poor Things will win this
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I'm still confused as to how the screenplay for Barbie is an adaptation. Can someone explain that to me please?
It's considered adapted because it is based on existing characters, Barbie and Ken.

The truth is in here
I'm still confused as to how the screenplay for Barbie is an adaptation. Can someone explain that to me please?
I'm more confused over why it was nominated. Are we now awarding mediocrity?

Barbie might win. I would like it to win. But i would give it to Oppenheimer.