Born Today

Tools    

As far as "Winnie The Pooh" .. I have been a fan for as long as I can remember.. My mother used to work for the Sears store/warehouse here in Kansas City and we had every color of the "Winnie The Pooh" footed pajamas.. and as I got older....I started collecting the snow globes from the Disney Store and I have a nice boxed Winnie the Pooh as well as watches, tshirts and a jacket.... My children grew up with him as well....

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
As far as "Winnie The Pooh" .. I have been a fan for as long as I can remember.. My mother used to work for the Sears store/warehouse here in Kansas City and we had every color of the "Winnie The Pooh" footed pajamas.. and as I got older....I started collecting the snow globes from the Disney Store and I have a nice boxed Winnie the Pooh as well as watches, tshirts and a jacket.... My children grew up with him as well....

We sell collectibles, and a lot of them are Winnie the Pooh. We had a really nice snowglobe of Winnie the Pooh and some of his friends sitting in an upside-down umbrella. Unfortunately it got broken on the way to a show, and the outer glass shattered. I took the inside part of it out, cleaned it up, and made a cute, little statue out of it.

Born on January 19th:

Michael Crawford - British actor and singer who is best known for playing the hapless Frank Spencer in the popular 1970s British sitcom, "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" (which made him a household name), as well as for originating the title role in "The Phantom of the Opera". He won the Olivier Award for "Best Actor in a Musical" for his performance of the title role in "Barnum", as well as numerous awards for his performance in the title role in "Phantom of the Opera". In 1988, he was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE). In 2014, he was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE).

Michael Crawford sings Music of the Night at the 1991 Tony Awards

Michael Crawford - West Side Story Medley: Maria/Tonight/Somewhere

Edgar Allan Poe - Author who is best known for his tales of mystery and the macabre, including "The Raven", "The Cask of Amontillado", "The Murders in the Rue Morgue", "The Pit and the Pendulum", and "The Tell-Tale Heart". The Mystery Writers of America have named their awards for excellence in the genre the "Edgars" in his honor.

Richard Lester - Director who is best known for his work with The Beatles in the 1960s, and his work on the Superman film series in the 1980s.

Jean Stapleton - Actress who is best known for her role as Edith Bunker, the long-suffering, yet devoted wife of Archie Bunker (played by Carroll O'Connor) and mother of Gloria Stivic (played by Sally Struthers), on the 1970s sitcom "All in the Family", for which she won three Emmy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards.

Tippi Hedren - Actress who made her film debut in Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, followed by the title role Marnie. In 1964, she won the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year - Actress, (shared with Ursula Andress and Elke Sommer). In 2003, she received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Nicholas Colasanto - Actor who is best known for his role as Coach Ernie Pantusso in the TV sitcom "Cheers".

Logan Lerman - Actor who is best known for playing the title role in the fantasy-adventure Percy Jackson films. He also appeared in the TV series "Jack & Bobby", and the movies The Butterfly Effect, Hoot, 3:10 to Yuma, The Number 23, Meet Bill, The Three Musketeers (2011), The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Noah and Fury.

Desi Arnaz Jr. - Actor and musician who is the son of entertainers Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, and the brother of actress Lucie Arnaz. His birth was one of the most publicized in TV history. His parents were the stars of the American television situation comedy "I Love Lucy", and Ball's pregnancy was part of the storyline, considered daring in those times. The same day Lucy gave birth to Desi Jr., the fictional Lucy Ricardo gave birth to "Little Ricky". As a testament to how interested the American public was in Lucy's TV baby, Desi Arnaz Jr. appeared on the cover on the very first issue of TV Guide with a title that read: "Lucy's $50,000,000 baby".

Dolly Parton - Country music singer, songwriter who is the most honored female country performer of all time. Achieving 25 RIAA certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum awards, she has had 25 songs reach No. 1 on the Billboard Country charts, a record for a female artist. She has 41 career top 10 country albums, a record for any artist, and she has 110 career charted singles over the past 40 years. All-inclusive sales of singles, albums, hits collections, and digital downloads during her career have topped 100 million worldwide. She has garnered 8 Grammy Awards, 2 Academy Award nominations, 10 Country Music Association Awards, 7 Academy of Country Music Awards, 3 American Music Awards, and is one of only seven female artists to win the Country Music Association's Entertainer of the Year Award. She has received 46 Grammy nominations. She has composed over 3,000 songs, the best known of which include "I Will Always Love You" (a two-time U.S. country chart-topper for Parton, as well as an international pop hit for Whitney Houston), "Jolene", "Coat of Many Colors", "9 to 5", and "My Tennessee Mountain Home". Parton is also one of the few to have received at least one nomination from the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards, Tony Awards, and Emmy Awards. In 1999, she was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. As an actress, she starred in 9 to 5, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Rhinestone, A Smoky Mountain Christmas, Steel Magnolias, Wild Texas Wind, Gnomeo & Juliet, Straight Talk, Unlikely Angel, Blue Valley Songbird, and Joyful Noise.

Dolly Parton - Jolene

Janis Joplin - Singer, songwriter whose popular songs include: "Down on Me", "Summertime", "Piece of My Heart", "Ball 'n' Chain", "Maybe", "To Love Somebody", "Kozmic Blues", "Work Me, Lord", "Cry Baby", "Mercedes Benz", and her only number one hit, "Me and Bobby McGee". In 2004, Rolling Stone ranked her number 46 on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, and in 2008, she was ranked number 28 on its list of 100 Greatest Singers of All Time. In 1995, she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Janis Joplin - Me & Bobby McGee

Phil Everly - Singer who, along with his brother Donald "Don" Everly, were best known as The Everly Brothers. They were country-influenced rock and roll singers, known for steel-string guitar and close harmony singing. Their best hit songs included "Bye Bye Love", "Wake Up Little Susie", "All I Have to Do Is Dream", "Cathy's Clown", and "When Will I Be Loved". In 1986, they were elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and in 2001, they were elected into the Country Music Hall of Fame.

The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love

Robert Palmer - Singer, songwriter and musician who found success both in his solo career and with Power Station, and had Top 10 songs in both the UK and the US. He received a number of awards throughout his career, including two Grammy Awards for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance, an MTV Video Music Award, and was twice nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Male.

Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love

Thomas Kinkade - Painter who is known as "Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Light". He is known for the mass marketing of his work as printed reproductions and other licensed products via The Thomas Kinkade Company. It has been estimated that 1 in every 20 American homes owns a copy of one of his paintings. He received many awards for his works, including multiple National Association of Limited Edition Dealers (NALED) awards for Artist of the Year and Graphic Artist of the Year, and his art was named Lithograph of the Year nine times. In 2002, he was inducted into the California Tourism Hall of Fame as an individual who has influenced the public's perception of tourism in California through his images of California sights. In 2004, he received an award from NALED recognizing him as the Most Award Winning Artist in the Past 25 Years.

Jim Morris - Former professional baseball player known for his brief MLB pitching career. He was a high school science teacher and baseball coach at Reagan County High School in Big Lake, Texas. In the spring of 1999, he made a promise to his team that he would try out for Major League Baseball if his team won the District Championship, something the team had never accomplished before. His team won the title, and Morris kept his promise by attending a Tampa Bay Devil Rays tryout. At the age of 35, he signed a professional contract with the Devil Rays organization. The 2002 Disney movie The Rookie was about his climb to the big leagues. He was portrayed in the film by actor Dennis Quaid.

Jim Morris (left), and Dennis Quaid as Jim Morris in The Rookie (right)

Jon Matlack - Former MLB left-handed pitcher who was one of the "Big Three" pitchers the New York Mets were built around in the 1970s, along with Tom Seaver and Jerry Koosman. He was the fourth overall pick by the New York Mets in the 1967 MLB Draft. He was the 1972 NL Rookie of the Year, a 3-Time All-Star (1974–1976), and the 1975 MLB All-Star Game MVP. He also pitched for the Texas Rangers.

My BDay favorite
WARNING: "B" spoilers below
Edgar Allan Poe, I read a collection of his most famous short stories in grade school. Very different and kinda hard for a kid to grasp.

My BDay favorite
WARNING: "B" spoilers below
Edgar Allan Poe, I read a collection of his most famous short stories in grade school. Very different and kinda hard for a kid to grasp.

I like him too, but my favorite today is Michael Crawford. I saw him on Broadway in "Phantom", and I've loved him ever since then. I think I've watched the DVD of him in "Barnum" well over 100 times.

Oh! you seen Phantom on Broadway so cool! I bet that was amazing. I've never seen a big show live, but I can image the impact that live theater would have. I bet you saved you ticked stubs

Oh! you seen Phantom on Broadway so cool! I bet that was amazing. I've never seen a big show live, but I can image the impact that live theater would have. I bet you saved you ticked stubs

I have a box somewhere in the attic with a lot of ticket stubs from Broadway shows, concerts, baseball games, etc. But I don't save movie ticket stubs.

I used to go to a lot of Broadway shows, but I haven't had much time to go in the last few years. I saw "Barnum" on Broadway back in the 1980s, but it starred Jim Dale, not Michael Crawford. Dale was great, but Crawford is better.

Good ol' Janis. Loved her stuff. And Tippi Hedren has a Hollywood star? Blimey! They really do just give them out to anyone, don't they?

Born on January 20th:

George Burns - Comedian, award-winning actor and best-selling writer who was one of the few entertainers whose career successfully spanned vaudeville, film, radio, and television. His arched eyebrow and cigar-smoke punctuation became familiar trademarks for over three-quarters of a century. While he is possibly best known for his TV show "The George Burns & Gracie Allen Show" with his wife Gracie Allen, his career was resurrected at age 79 as an amiable, beloved and unusually active old comedian in the 1975 film The Sunshine Boys, for which he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, and in the 1977 film Oh, God!, playing the omnipotent title role. He continued to work until shortly before his death, in 1996, at the age of 100.

Arte Johnson - Comic actor who was a regular on the TV series "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In". His best-remembered character was that of a German soldier with the catchphrase "Verrrry interesting", sometimes followed by, "but stupid" or "but not very funny". He is also known for his movie roles in the films The President's Analyst and Love At First Bite., as a voice actor in many cartoons, and as a semi-regular celebrity guest panelist on "The Gong Show".

Colin Clive - English actor who is best known for his role as Dr. Frankenstein in two Universal Frankenstein films, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. Who could forget Colin Clive's "It's Alive! It's Alive!" as he melted to the floor mumbling the same over and over in ecstasy after his success at animating the Monster in the first sound version of Frankenstein.

Patricia Neal - Actress who is best known for her film roles as World War II widow Helen Benson in The Day the Earth Stood Still, wealthy matron Emily Eustace Failenson in Breakfast at Tiffany's, and middle-aged housekeeper Alma Brown in Hud, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress. In 2003, she was inducted into the American Theatre Hall of Fame.

Tom Baker - English actor who is best known for his role as the fourth incarnation of the Doctor in the science fiction series "Doctor Who", which he played from 1974 to 1981. He returned to the show in the 50th anniversary special in 2013 playing a character who calls himself The Curator. In a 2005 poll, his voice was found to be the fourth most recognizable in Britain.

Bill Maher - Political satirist, writer, producer, political commentator, TV host, actor, media critic, and stand-up comedian who is best known as the host of HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher", and the late-night talk show "Politically Incorrect", originally on Comedy Central and later on ABC. In 2005, he was ranked at number 38 on Comedy Central's 100 greatest stand-up comedians of all time. On September 14, 2010, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Lorenzo Lamas - Actor who is best known for his roles as Lance Cumson on the 1980s soap opera "Falcon Crest", as Reno Raines on the 1990s crime drama "Renegade", and as Hector Ramirez on the daytime soap opera "The Bold and The Beautiful". He also had a supporting role in the 1978 film Grease. He is the son of actor Fernando Lamas.

Rainn Wilson - Actor who is best known for his Emmy-nominated role as the egomaniac Dwight Schrute on the American version of the TV comedy "The Office". He also directed three episodes of "The Office", the Season 6 "The Cover-Up", the Season 7 "Classy Christmas", and the Season 8 "Get the Girl". He also voiced the alien villain, Gallaxhar in the 2009 animated movie Monsters vs. Aliens.

Paul Stanley - Hard rock guitarist and singer who is best known as a member of the rock band Kiss. He is the writer or co-writer of many of the band's highest-charting hits. His Kiss persona is the "Starchild" character. Hit Parader ranked him 18th on their list of Top 100 Metal Vocalists of All Time. A Gibson.com Readers Poll also named him 13th on their list of Top 25 Frontmen.

KISS - I Was Made For Lovin' You

Slim Whitman - Country music and western music singer, songwriter and instrumentalist known for his yodeling abilities and his smooth high three octave range falsetto. His 1955 hit single "Rose Marie" held the Guinness World Record for the longest time at number one on the UK Singles Chart for 36 years, (until Bryan Adams broke the record in 1991). In the US his "Indian Love Call" (1952) and "Secret Love" (1953) both reached No. 2 on the Billboard country chart. The 1996 film Mars Attacks! features Whitman's rendition of "Indian Love Call" as a weapon against alien invaders.

Slim Whitman - Indian Love Call

John Michael Montgomery - Country music singer who has had more than 30 singles on the Billboard country charts, of which seven have reached #1, ("I Love the Way You Love Me", "I Swear", "Be My Baby Tonight", "If You've Got Love", "I Can Love You Like That", "Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)", and "The Little Girl"), and 13 more have reached the top 10. His songs "I Swear" and "Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)" were named by Billboard as the top country songs of 1994 and 1995, respectively. His brother Eddie is one-half of the country duo Montgomery Gentry.

John Michael Montgomery - Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)

John Michael Montgomery - Life's A Dance

Buzz Aldrin - American engineer and former astronaut who was the second person to walk on the Moon, following mission commander Neil Armstrong. He was the Lunar Module Pilot on Apollo 11, the first manned lunar landing in history on July 21, 1969. He is also a former U.S. Air Force officer and a Command Pilot.

Now I know what it feels like to be God!

Happy birthday, Colin Clive.

<>Dances with Wolves<>
I really love Tom Cruise.

Born on January 20th:

Tom Baker - English actor who is best known for his role as the fourth incarnation of the Doctor in the science fiction series "Doctor Who", which he played from 1974 to 1981. He returned to the show in the 50th anniversary special in 2013 playing a character who calls himself The Curator. In a 2005 poll, his voice was found to be the fourth most recognizable in Britain.

Born on January 24th:

David Gerrold - Science fiction screenwriter and novelist who is best known for his script for the popular original "Star Trek" episode "The Trouble With Tribbles", and for creating the Sleestak race on the TV series "Land of the Lost". He is also for his novelette "The Martian Child", which won both Hugo and Nebula awards, and was adapted into a 2007 film starring John Cusack.

John Romita, Sr. - Comic-book artist who is best known for his work on Marvel Comics' The Amazing Spider-Man. His first work for Marvel was inking Jack Kirby's cover and Don Heck's interior pencils on the superhero-team comic The Avengers #23 (Dec. 1965). In 2002, he was inducted into the Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame. He is the father of comic-book artist John Romita, Jr.

Leonard Goldberg - Producer who served as head of programming for ABC, and was president of 20th Century Fox. He is known for producing several highly acclaimed TV films, including the Peabody Award-winning 1971 TV movie Brian's Song, the 1976 TV movie The Boy in the Plastic Bubble starring John Travolta, and the 1984 Emmy-winning TV movie Something About Amelia. He also produced a string of hit TV series while in partnership with Aaron Spelling; the best-known being Charlie's Angels, Hart to Hart, Starsky and Hutch, and Family. While he was the president of 20th Century Fox, the studio produced such critically acclaimed hit films as Broadcast News, Big, Die Hard, Wall Street, and Working Girl. Under his own banner, he produced the successful motion picture features WarGames, Sleeping with the Enemy, Double Jeopardy, and Charlie's Angels. He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6901 Hollywood Boulevard and was inducted into the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame in 2007.

Ernest Borgnine - Actor whose career spanned more than six decades. He was an unconventional lead in many films of the 1950s, winning the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1955 for Marty. On TV, he played Quinton McHale in the TV series "McHale's Navy", and he co-starred in the mid-1980s action series "Airwolf", in addition to a wide variety of other roles. he earned an Emmy Award nomination at age 92 for his work on the series "ER". He was also the original voice of Mermaid Man on "SpongeBob SquarePants" from 1999 to 2012. In 1996, he was inducted into the Western Performers Hall of Fame at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. In 1998, the Palm Springs, California, Walk of Stars dedicated a Golden Palm Star to him. On 8 February 1960, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6324 Hollywood Blvd. In 2011, he was honored with the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award at the 17th Screen Actors Guild Awards.

John Belushi - Comedian, actor, and musician who is best known for his intense energy and raucous attitude, which he displayed as one of the original cast members of the NBC sketch comedy show "Saturday Night Live", in his role in the film Animal House, and in his recordings and performances as one of the The Blues Brothers. He died on the morning of March 5, 1982 in Hollywood, California at the Chateau Marmont, after being injected with and accidentally overdosing on a mixture of cocaine and heroin (a "speedball") at the age of 33. He was posthumously honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, on April 1, 2004.

Nastassja Kinski - German actress and former model who has appeared in more than sixty films in Europe and the United States. Her starring roles include the title character in the 1979 film Tess, for which she won a Golden Globe Award, and her role in the 1984 film Paris, Texas, which won numerous awards. She is the daughter of the actor Klaus Kinski.

Sharon Tate - Actress who was known for her starring role as Jennifer North in the 1967 cult classic, Valley of the Dolls, which earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination. She was hailed as one of Hollywood's most promising newcomers. In 1968, she married Roman Polanski, her director and co-star in The Fearless Vampire Killers. On August 9, 1969, she was murdered by the Manson Family. She was eight-and-a-half months pregnant with the couple's son when she was killed. Her last completed film, 12+1, (co-starring Orson Welles), was released in 1969 after her death.

Mary Lou Retton - Retired American gymnast who won a gold medal in the individual all-around competition, as well as two silver medals and two bronze medals at the 1984 Summer Olympics. Her performance made her one of the most popular athletes in the United States.

Warren Zevon - Singer, songwriter and musician who was known for the dark and somewhat outlandish sense of humor in his lyrics. His best-known compositions include "Werewolves of London", "Lawyers, Guns and Money", "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" and "Johnny Strikes Up the Band". He died on September 7, 2003, and his last album, "The Wind" was certified gold by the RIAA in December 2003. He received five posthumous Grammy nominations, including Song of the Year for the ballad "Keep Me In Your Heart". The Wind won two Grammys, with the album itself receiving the award for Best Contemporary Folk Album, while "Disorder in the House", Zevon's duet with Bruce Springsteen, was awarded Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal. These posthumous awards were the first Grammy Awards of Zevon's thirty-plus year career.

Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London

Doug Kershaw - Fiddle player, singer and songwriter who has recorded fifteen albums and charted on the Hot Country Songs charts. In 1970, he contributed a violin part to Arlo Guthrie's record single "Alice's Rock and Roll Restaurant". In 1971, he had a dramatically significant musical cameo in the movie Zachariah, starring Don Johnson and John Rubinstein. In 2009, he was inducted into The Louisiana Music Hall of Fame. His third cousin is country music star Sammy Kershaw.

Doug Kershaw - Orange Blossom Special

Aaron Neville - R&B singer and musician who has had four Platinum-certified albums and four Top 10 hits in the United States, including three that went to #1 on Billboard's Adult contemporary chart. His debut single, "Tell It Like It Is", from 1966, was #1 on the Soul chart for five weeks. He has also recorded with his brothers Art, Charles and Cyril as The Neville Brothers and is the father of singer/keyboards player Ivan Neville.

Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is

Ray Stevens - Country and pop singer, songwriter and comedian who is known for his hit comedy songs including "Harry the Hairy Ape", "Funny Man", the original recording of "Santa Claus Is Watching You", "Jeremiah Peabody's Polyunsaturated Quick-Dissolving, Fast-Acting Pleasant-Tasting Green and Purple Pills", "Ahab the Arab", "The Streak", and "Sittin' Up with the Dead". He has 11 Grammy nominations and won two Grammy Awards: one for "Everything Is Beautiful" and one for the arrangement of his country and western version of the jazz standard "Misty". In 1980, he was was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, and the Georgia Music Hall of Fame. In 2009, he was inducted into the Christian Music Hall of Fame.

Ray Stevens - The Streak

Matthew Wilder - Musician, composer and record producer who is best known for his hit song "Break My Stride", which peaked at #5 on the Hot 100 chart from January 21 - February 4, 1984. For the Disney film Mulan, he was the singing voice of the character of Ling, and he was nominated for an Academy Award for Original Music Score, (along with David Zippel and Jerry Goldsmith), for his work on that film.

Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leonard-Goldberg.jpg
Views:	3654
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	19672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharon Tate.jpg
Views:	3717
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	19673  

Last time I watched Valley of the Dolls I couldn't help thinking about how tragedy would soon befall Sharon Tate. I think that is the only movie I seen her in.

No love for "Star Trek" writer David Gerrold?

Ha! well he's not as hot as Sharon Tate. But yah, I was going to make a follow up post.
David Gerrold - Science fiction screenwriter and novelist who is best known for his script for the popular original "Star Trek" episode "The Trouble With Tribbles", and for creating the Sleestak race on the TV series "Land of the Lost". He is also for his novelette "The Martian Child", which won both Hugo and Nebula awards, and was adapted into a 2007 film starring John Cusack.
The Trouble With Tribbles is the funnest of all Star Trek episodes, IMO of course. Though Piece of the Action, has it's own style of fun. I'm impressed that he created the Sleestaks. I use to love Land of the Lost.

I never heard of, "The Martian Child", have you seen the movie? if so any good?

I never heard of, "The Martian Child", have you seen the movie? if so any good?

I saw The Martian Child a while back. It was cute, but not great. As I recall, the kid was annoying, but the movie was mostly forgettable.