MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Signups/Draft

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I may have went overboard with RP and maybe not enough SP. QS was a concern towards the end of the draft, and I wasn’t able to correct it. I’ll likely be hitting up the waivers a little to remedy that.

Ha, just realized I got the setup man and closer for both the Orioles and Cubs. Purely unintentional.

My team: Felt like the best value was the SPs, so I took 4 of them with my top 6 picks. Then I panicked a little because my offense was just Judge and Bo at that point. Pivoted to draft some younger hitters, who have high upside (Riley Greene, Junior Caminero, Wyatt Langford, and Jung Hoo Lee).
This, to me, is always the fun part of drafting: when you see how things are unfolding and have to pivot a little on the fly. If you wait awhile on offense, it probably won't do to take a bunch of safe middle-of-the-road guys, you figure you need at least one sleeper gem or breakout guy, so you lean heavy into younger guys, and if one of them has a great year it counteracts a lot of that wait on offense.

Of course, this is fun in the abstract or when it happens to others. For the person doing it it's always this high-stress, tension-filled thing. But even that can be kinda fun. A perfect draft is fun, but a close second in terms of fun is the really chaotic one where you have to formulate new plans on the fly.

Ha, just realized I got the setup man and closer for both the Orioles and Cubs. Purely unintentional.
Looks like you have your second and third favorite teams picked out for 2024!