The Authority - DC Films

Tools    

As the co-chair of DC Studios, James Gunn has the key to the DC Universe as he and Peter Safran prepare for the next generation of superhero storytelling.

One film that excites fans is The Authority, a movie about a team of anti-heroes known as the anti-Justice League.

Gunn recently updated fans on the film’s development after one of his Threads followers asked if any of the members of the anti-hero team had been cast.

“We won’t green light a film until we have a finished script we’re happy with and, in general, we won’t cast a film until the script is finished,” Gunn shared. “This is why some projects are moving faster than anticipated and others more slowly. It’s always gonna be quality first no matter what.”

Although there’s no timeframe for The Authority to start casting and filming, one of the team’s founding members will appear in Gunn’s Superman, which is currently in production. María Gabriela de Faría was cast as Angela Spica, The Engineer, in the film scheduled for release on July 11, 2025.

Other DC characters that comprise The Authority include Jenny Sparks (“The Spirit of the Twentieth Century”), Apollo (“The Sun God”), Midnighter (Lucas Trent, “Night’s Bringer of War”), The Doctor (Jeroen Thornedike, “The Shaman”), Jack Hawksmoor (“The God of Cities”) and Swift (Shen Li-Min, “The Winged Huntress”).

Gunn previously explained on social media that The Authority is one of his passion projects saying, “This is a big movie and I don’t know how many of you know are familiar with The Authority.”

He continued, “The Authority is a very different kind of superhero story. They are basically good intention, but they think that the world is completely broken and the only way to fix it is to take things into their own hands, whether that means killing people, destroying heads of state, changing governments, whatever they want to do to make the world better. And we’ll see how that journey goes for them. But as I said earlier, there’s morally gray characters of which these are.”

Real shame about this movie never getting made. Though to be fair if Apollo is the character that shows up in Superman...they might do it.
Did you even read the story before posting? It says right there which character is going to appear in Superman - and the actor who was cast in the part.

Did you even read the story before posting? It says right there which character is going to appear in Superman - and the actor who was cast in the part.

Actually I forgot The Engineer was an Authority character.

And you remembered as soon as you read it in the story, right?

Oh, wait.....

And you remembered as soon as you read it in the story, right?

Oh, wait.....

I forgot that the Robot's name was "The Engineer", the robot doesn't really do anything of note in the series it exists for exposition.

It's not the gay batman or gay superman, it's not the junkie, it's not the hawk girl that ends up as a sex slave, it's not Jenny Sparks.

I

Although there’s no timeframe for The Authority to start casting and filming, one of the team’s founding members will appear in Gunn’s Superman, which is currently in production. María Gabriela de Faría was cast as Angela Spica, The Engineer, in the film scheduled for release on July 11, 2025.
It's OK, a lot of people post without even reading the story.