DVD storage tips?

Tools    

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
Hi, I have about 170+ DVDs and I am on my fifth DVD rack.

Is there any better ways of storing these dvds? Five DVD racks in a row is taking up a lot of space and when I get to 6 or 7...

I want to keep them in single cases so no DJ boxes or anything.

Any ideas? Or should I just keep going with the DVD racks?

Cheers

The Adventure Starts Here!
I know some folks around here use stacking semi-see-thru plastic bins or tubs. (I seem to remember someone here learned that trick after Hurricane Katrina!) They take up less space than the racks, they protect the DVDs from dust and grime and water and flood and, well, you get the idea... Not quite as attractive or accessible as racks are, but at some point it might be better to think about space rather than display.

Just found these stackable things. (Cant post pics or links?)

h tt p://w w w .stacksandstacks.com/html/65110_stackable-dvd-rack-stores-14-dvds.htm

I have heard stacking them vertically can affect the discs badly in the long term. How true is this?

Also these are only available in the US and im in the UK

I only have 4 spaces left on my current rack!

I prefer bookcases dvdguy...ones with adjustible shelves so I can pack more in...plus I arrange mine alphabetically, so those bins would not be very feasable...

Horrorphiliac

I think I will stick with my 50 disc DVD racks.

Just ran out of space today. Need to get a new one. Damn you Rumble in the Bronx!

BANNED
^ whats that by Jackie Chan? he.. me too i much more prepared in DVD booklets which only need small space just to keep them..

You ready? You look ready.
^ whats that by Jackie Chan? he.. me too i much more prepared in DVD booklets which only need small space just to keep them..
What?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I think it translates as:

^ Was that by Jackie Chan? Yes I have storage troubles however I am now much more prepared by using plastic DVD pockets. They only need a very small amount of space in order to store them.