Joel Schumacher

Tools    

To be clear, I really like the majority of his work. Even the lesser stuff (eg. Number 23) usually have their entertaining/interesting aspects, and he's always a competent director because his movies are visually engaging to me even when they're lacking depth, solid story, decent characters.

Personally, I think his thrllers are all worth watching, even the goofy misfires, and although his career has been going downhill, I think he's talented and I hope he finds better projects ahead.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I am the Watcher in the Night
Apart from his horrific run with Batman I've only ever seen two other Schumacher movies: Phone Booth and Falling Down. Phone Booth is the better of the two, a tight thriller with good performances and a great central premise. Almost every scene is edge of the seat stuff, which shows that when Schumacher holds himself back, he can be a very good director. I still to this day have no idea how or why he went so far with his 2 Bat flicks. Falling Down is another on of his over the top movies but it was just so entertaining and Douglas was so watchable I can't help but like it.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Ranked work...

1. The Lost Boys

2. A Time To Kill
+
3. Falling Down

4. Flatliners

5. Batman Forever
+
6. DC Cab

7. Batman And Robin

A Time To Kill is a great film. Definitely one of the best novel adaptations and courtroom dramas of the '90's. And if it was possible, Matthew McConnaghey was fantastic.