SpelingError's Top 100 Favorite Short Films

Tools    

More good shit as usual. Fingers crossed we don't see Dog Star Man I pop up. Love Brakhage, hate that film.
How do you feel about the rest of Dog Star Man? The prelude is its own unique thing, but I feel the other parts are fairly similar.

Let the night air cool you off
How do you feel about the rest of Dog Star Man? The prelude is its own unique thing, but I feel the other parts are fairly similar.
Prelude is my favorite, it's great. 2 and 3 are pretty good, 4 is meh, 1 is bad.

That's my super-basic breakdown.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
So Szel is #1 or what
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It won't make my list unfortunately, but I have seen it and enjoyed it quite a bit.
I just rewatched it for the 2nd (maybe 3rd?) time and was so astonished by its sheer cinematic power that I almost teared up.

I just rewatched it for the 2nd (maybe 3rd?) time and was so astonished by its sheer cinematic power that I almost teared up.
I'll have to rewatch it to see if it improves for me as well.

The trick is not minding
I think we’re all curious about your top 100 short films, actually. Wind is exactly the type of film I would expect on your list. Probably some Anger, A Dream of a Ridiculous Man and Tale of Tales would be quite high I’m sure, as well, and likely some I hadn’t heard of.

What I’m saying is……show us your top 100 short films…..please. And thank you

I rewatched Szel, and I liked it quite a bit more this time. I like how it starts out on the edge of the "action", cuts away from it for a few minutes to leave the viewer in the dark as to what's being depicted, only to literally come around full circle to explain the significance of what we were initially looking at. The simple decision to rotate the camera the opposite way, mixed with its slow cinema approach, is nothing short of brilliant and is such a genius method of storytelling. It would've definitely made this list had I rewatched it in time. Thanks for inspiring me to rewatch it!

What I’m saying is……show us your top 100 short films…..please. And thank you