Movies you are afraid of

Tools    

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
k i just looked it up on imdb, and i was totally thinking of a different film, but yeah i remember watching this one too if its the one ive seen.

Under this kid's bed he finds that there is a world of monsters, and kids all across the world go down there at night sometimes. Then the kid's life starts changing and he starts to change into the monsters, like they're really short and he starts shrinking and stuff. It was wierd but good.

sounds kinda weird. Might buy it if the price is right

dont buy it, its an awful film
charged the fields at Bannockburn
They fought like warrior poets
They fought like Scotsmen
And won their freedom.

well, everyone buys all kinds of *****, but if I see it for £1.50 in a bargain bin, i might buy it.....or some johnny's, lol.

Originally Posted by Braveheart_1298
dont buy it, its an awful film
Man, you are so wrong. This movie is just wierd. Think about it. These Monster live under your bed - they can take you to their world and if you stay there long enough you change into one - a monster doesn't like to scare people - some kid is changing and wants to get back - etc - etc. It's freakin' wierd. I remember the scene inside the Monster world when they're playing baseball - awesome. Maybe you aren't wrong but rather our opinions differ. Either way I'm right.

As for buying it, rent it first.

edit:
I just remembered the monster's hand turning itno a dog head and eating his homework, peeing in the pickle jar, all those tricks, the cool monster dissapearing into thin air leaving his leather jacket and kick ass pants behind. I'm gonna rent this next time I get some movies.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

see, forums = inspiration

Well i thought it was awful didnt mean to offend

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by LillyVon
Firstly, no you DON'T look fat in that!

Thanks, and re Austrian. Smarty pants!!!!!

Yes it was brilliant. One of those movies that sticks with you afterwards.
As long as we've agreed on who's wearing the trousers.

Funny Games actually pissed me off. I was so mad because the end was so pointless and ... off-pissing. Then I realized that was exactly what Haneke wanted to do - make us aware of how much we expect the happy ending, even if we consider ourselves to be movie buffs. He's challenging all kinds of movie conventions. The rewind part was pretty cool too.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

everyone has different opinions, hence dicussion, but someone always takes it way too seriously

Fasten your seat belts...
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
As long as we've agreed on who's wearing the trousers.

Funny Games actually pissed me off. I was so mad because the end was so pointless and ... off-pissing. Then I realized that was exactly what Haneke wanted to do - make us aware of how much we expect the happy ending, even if we consider ourselves to be movie buffs. He's challenging all kinds of movie conventions. The rewind part was pretty cool too.
That's why I tend to like foreign films more. They WILL go there - leave you hanging. Reality Vs happy happy ending. Actually, watch the original Vanishing (I think THAT was German - but correct me if I'm wrong. Happy for you to be in charge! That was an 'honest' ending, then USA remade it with Kiefer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges... and gave it a HAPPY ending! Arguh!

Funny Games - What can you say... the part where the kid's shot - I almost toar my eyeballs out cause it messed with me that much. Good movie though.

Flatliners creeped me out and I've never really been interested in watching it again...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

That's why I tend to like foreign films more. They WILL go there - leave you hanging. Reality Vs happy happy ending. Actually, watch the original Vanishing (I think THAT was German - but correct me if I'm wrong. Happy for you to be in charge! That was an 'honest' ending, then USA remade it with Kiefer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges... and gave it a HAPPY ending! Arguh!
Actually, I haven't seen any of the "Vanishings". But I will if I get the chance. Thanks for the tip...

I think that american cinema very often is confused with Hollywood cinema, and even considered to be synonymous with Hollywood (which is not that hard to understand). The problem is that the really good unconventional american movies have such a hard time knocking their way into the international (and national) market. "Foreign films" (european, asian, and so on) on the other hand, are considered to be exotic and interesting in America compared to american films. At the same time, in their home countries they are not viewed as something strange or something in need of censorship, but as pretty much normal films.

[/rant]

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Flatliners creeped me out and I've never really been interested in watching it again...
You're such a shrimp!

Fasten your seat belts...
[quote=Piddzilla]Actually, I haven't seen any of the "Vanishings". But I will if I get the chance. Thanks for the tip...

I think that american cinema very often is confused with Hollywood cinema, and even considered to be synonymous with Hollywood (which is not that hard to understand). The problem is that the really good unconventional american movies have such a hard time knocking their way into the international (and national) market. "Foreign films" (european, asian, and so on) on the other hand, are considered to be exotic and interesting in America compared to american films. At the same time, in their home countries they are not viewed as something strange or something in need of censorship, but as pretty much normal films.

[/rant]

So true dear fellow, so true. And yes, check out both versions of Vanishings. Always nice to do that these days.

* Have you seen Raise the Red Lantern?

Have you seen Raise the Red Lantern?
Yes, I have, but a long time ago. But I remember that I liked it a lot and thought it was different from most movies I'd seen so far. What do you think about it? I'm gonna go see House of Flying Daggers by Yimou Zhang as soon as I can. Has it been released in Aussie Land yet?

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Arachnophobia...brrrr friggin rrrrr.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I can't handle gorey scenes (makes me want to vomit, call me a wus, who cares) but i would have to say movies that could happen in real life IE Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Ed Gein), i watched probably a total of 20 minutes of that movie. You appreciate the older movies for making things scary. Such as A Night of the Living Dead, Psycho, Exorsist, Rosemary's Baby and such. Just an opinon

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

MOVIEFAN20 -
Is your avatar a picture of you? If so, you're hot. Will you please put "A Lady Fan of PimpDaShizzle." in your signature? Thanks.

Oh yeah, you listed The Exorcist, good work.