John Q

→ in
Tools    

Its pretty good.

suspensful, genrally well acted, and actually realistic and believable.

Dezel washington, same old. Ray liotta, same old. Robert Duvall same old. Ann Heche WONDERFUL i loved her performance in this movie. James woods, yep u guessed it, same old.

this movie was structered very well. It had good charaters, and situations. Its just that i am getting tired of the dying kid movie. Lorenzo's oil was quite possibly the worst movie i have ever seen. (watched it in bio it stars susan Surandon and nick nolte)

all in all, its worth seeing if A) your under 17 (am i the only one?) and cant get into rated R movies coming out like Harts War or oscar noms like In the bedroom and Gosford Park or B) you really like denzel washington and feel like seeing an ok emotional film.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Guy
I was wondering why Gosford Park is Rated R. I saw it, there was absolutely nothing objectional except a sex scene where nothing is visible. Why was it R?

Just brought that up because you mentioned it in the review.

Not interested in John Q

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm thinking about going and seeing this tonight...

Yay...Nay?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

If 'twer me, 'twoud be yay. I want to see this flick. It looks corny, I admit, but I want to see it...a lot. I love Denzel, and I think it'll be emotional and entertaining. Reviews are mixed (as they are with almost everything out there today), but I'm confident I'll enjoy it. Can't speak for you, though...I think this one is really a matter of taste (IE: not a slam-dunk, like LOTR or something).

I saw this flick earlier today. Good story, well acted...but a stupidly obvious political agenda. It was too specific. The message was not "we need to do something about this," it was "we need to do THIS about this," where "THIS" is some liberal idea. I hate it when a movie serves as commercial like that.

I thought this movie was alright...but I don't understand how screenwriters can get away with putting in horrible lines that take away from the suspense trying to be built.

There were several times in this film where a line was so out of place I couldn't believe it. Simply re-structuring it a little bit could have made it such a better film.

Steve

As always , Denzel=Solid Performance.

This film contains one of my favorite Denzel performances because it is one of the few times that Denzel just plays a regular guy...an average Joe working hard to keep a roof over his head. I thought he was great and made the film worth watching. I thought James Woods' and Anne Heche's characters were EXTREMELY unlikable but loved Duvall.

Really liked this one, brings up the bad situation of the health system in US.