Ocean's 11

→ in
Tools    

Dude: you can't use a colon in place of the equals sign, and there can't be a space in between that and the title...or an apostrophe in the title. I fixed it for you.

thanks, Commish. Damn colons :P

I liked this movie. It was entertaining. I almost always like Clooney and Pitt.

It was really stupid. Sure, at times it was funny or intense, but basically it was really dumb. The ending stank like last month's goat cheese!

Bechet:

What part of the ending did you dislike? *kind of a spoiler, but not really (besides, the movie has been out for a while now)* When Clooney was being picked up from prison near the end? I liked the non-verbal ending at the front of the Bellagio. If I was a crook pulling the biggest heist of my career and was close with some of the crooks involved, I'd do the same thing, because it's sly, fitting, non-incriminating, and relaxes the mind and body. But I know why they decided to show the prison scene though.

One of my friends didn't enjoy the movie b/c he just likes flat-out action and killing, and I guess you don't watch movies like "Ocean's 11" for killing action :-\ He said he fell asleep through it and his lady did as well (she's also into just action movies...I think she likes Van Damme type movies :-\ I'm not saying you're into just action movies, and I respect your opinion, but just wondering for reasons why. I don't think this movie is Academy Award material, but it does provide good entertainment value, I think.

On another note, I rented "Rush Hour 2" this past weekend.... feh. I like the camaraderie and all, but the movie was kind of mediocre, so I don't know what all the fuss was about.

I greatly enjoyed this film.
I was smiling like a mug the entire way through it.

The line: What's wrong with being a Rhinoceros? I'm all for change. is in fact a line from the absurdist play Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yes, that is the same play that the movie is based upon. (This IS a movie site, after all, so I thought your quote had to refer to a movie.)

God, it would have been a terrifically bad film.

I hate Gene Wilder, and he would have desocrated something so beautiful as Rhinoceros.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I hate Gene Wilder, and he would have desocrated something so beautiful as Rhinoceros.
You have no idea what you've just unleashed.

Yeah I do.
Every female member is about to wish me dead.

Hence changing my signature.
It's now a line from the Samuel Beckett play Waiting For Godot.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Waiting for Godot? Wasn't Mel Brooks in that movie??

Linda
(ducking...and wondering why Silver Bullet insists on trying to look hip, cool, and learned by mentioning Beckett and Ionesco in a movie site filled with lovable geeks who like hobbits)

I don't think there's a film version of Godot and if there is, I haven't seen it.

Why can't I say who wrote the damn plays? It may be a film site, but there's a lot of non-film conversation at the same time. Let me make my signature about plays, dammit. It's no worse than Holden writing the year of the film after the title.

Sorry Holden.

lets get one thing strait, see this friday.

Living in las vegas, i thought this movie was great, some of you may not appciate this as much as i did.
-Steven Soderbergh is a god, another greatly directed film, another possible best director nomination.
-Geoge Cloony was george cloony, perfect for the part, but the same exact kinda part played in O Brother.
-Julia Roberts was julia roberts, no chemistry with anyone, but for some reason i cant hate her.
-Brad Pitt was Brad pitt, perfect. If this guy doesnt get a oscar soon, theres something seriously wrong with the world
-Andy Garcia was great, i loved him, perfect for the role.
-Matt Damon seemed like a bad idea until the end, then he shines.
-Don cheadle was perfect, he is one of the few actors that always plays a different role, takes on a new personality.
-Scott Caan and Casey Affleck were wonderful together. They seemed like real brothers, gave the movie some of its greatest comedy.

All of the team members had great chemistry together, none of them seemed "out of place"
This movie is no traffic, but a definite must see. Different kind of movie, no best picture award, but a more fun, entertaining movie.

Very, very clever, everything worked out perfectly, very unpredictable, one of the few things missing in most movies today. Very funny, i would lable it as a comedy.

I had the perfect seats in this movie, dead center, 2nd row of the stadium seats, with a full house, and not sitting next to anyone annoying, see this movie with a crowd, and with lots of your friends, we had fun guessing what was happening, but being of course totally wrong.

Great movie.
I loved this movie...Clooney has rarely been more likable onscreen...the sequels sucked but I loved the first film.