What does it take to get banned?

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
In light of all the recent bans past and future, its got me curious what does a person have to do to get banned? I just notice alot of older threads when bumped there is always a user who has been banned. Just curious is all

what does a person have to do to get banned?
1) advocate the execution of "stupid people"
2) defend pedophilia
3) ???
4) profit

Semper Fooey
The only ones I know, one was a bragging pedophile, one couldn't control his temper, and one was around for a day or two starting a dozen threads where he would express opinions out of the general consensus and then insult folks who disagreed with him. I miss two of the three.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
There are afew people who I miss who have been banned such as, Jrs when he wasnt being padantic to nearly everyone, Morbid Pig I found to be quite a cool guy but I think he had multiple accounts for some odd reason and the winner of people who I miss just for comical value was messangerthug (I think that was the spelling) his constant need for boobs in films cracked me up. Not only did he leave with possibly the most neg reps ever he also had horrendous grammer and spelling, im not one of the grammer police but he was so bad

One nice shorthand is to look at the post count; if it's around 10, and the post in question is very short, odds are very good they were banned for spamming and were just tossing up 10 useless posts so they could gain the ability to post a link.

Obviously it's case-by-case, but that covers the overwhelming majority of bannings. The Rules page linked to in the header gives a pretty good overview of the various offenses someone could cause to be banned. Anything outside of spam or some seriously hateful stuff will almost always warrant a simple warning first, though.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
...and the winner of people who I miss just for comical value was messangerthug (I think that was the spelling) his constant need for boobs in films cracked me up. Not only did he leave with possibly the most neg reps ever he also had horrendous grammer and spelling, im not one of the grammer police but he was so bad
Crap! I had forgotten about the thug of messangers. Everytime I saw him online, I wanted to secretly correct his username (not to mention every single flippin' post he had).

Don't get me wrong, I love boobies just as much as the next guy, but he was clearly a deprived 13-year old with issues.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Crap! I had forgotten about the thug of messangers. Everytime I saw him online, I wanted to secretly correct his username (not to mention every single flippin' post he had).

Don't get me wrong, I love boobies just as much as the next guy, but he was clearly a deprived 13-year old with issues.
Me to man his name was very annoying but his posts nearly always made me laugh and if I remember correctly he was obsessed with this actresses boobies

I think he was banned before Cranked 2 so he couldnt comment on her in that film.

I hope you're not referring to me as Morbid Pig?
If so, I am not. Besides Genesis Pig, I have only been Sgt. Chillum for a brief period of time.
Noway sweetie. Remember, I nabbed you as Chillum all of a minute or two after you joined. I can figure out who is who.

I hope you're not referring to me as Morbid Pig?
If so, I am not. Besides Genesis Pig, I have only been Sgt. Chillum for a brief period of time.
Nope. Morbid Pig has quite a few names, too many to even really count. Not real sure what the guys issues were/are, but if there's a textbook case of multiple personalities, he's your man.

Not real sure what the guys issues were/are, but if there's a textbook case of multiple personalities, he's your man.
Ok, cool!!
I wouldn't want to be a suspect just cos I share second names with him.
Nope. Besides, I always go by his other account, Vertical Gunn.

Semper Fooey
I like boobies. Maybe I was Morbid Pig in a previous user net life.

I think he just does it, now, to entertain Des.

Most of the time, multiple accounts can be explained away by one of the following: a) Other members in the same house/shared computer or b) A not so liked username.

We always question an account with a shared IP, before banning. We don't shoot first, then ask questions later (unless it's a repeat offender).

Remember, we are not here to ban members and chew bubblegum.