eMilee's Creative Thread

Tools    

I am no expert by any means and would never want to discourage anyone from writing or make them feel bad about something they have created, however, I know as an artist one of the best ways to improve (on even the greatest works) is constructive, kind criticism. My main medium is poetry and was wondering if I may give suggestions to what I think would further your work. Again I am no expert, but I appreciate getting opinions from unbiased people if nothing more than to know other views.

I actually posted 2 of my poems under the favorite poems thread simply because I wanted feed back and didn't have the guts to open a thread of my own like you. Feel free to look over them and criticize or just see it you would want someone who writes like I do to comment on yours.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...nia#post664514

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
''Complex'' 24 July 2000

Can you guess my complex? Its hidden beneath layers of facade. At times, its really apparent but translucent at the other times. What YOU make of it is a different from many sources. Culled together to make one is hard enough for people with 20/20 vision to notice. Imagination is only so much, but to actually see it is mysterious. For it becomes clearer but seconds later it disappears.
Can you really visualize the hidden obstacle? I may look an ideal person. I am incomplete and almost half of a human. You can stare and realize ''maybe'' is ''nothing''. But yet I know as do others who are affected. Not by choice, but by chance.Walk away before you can notice. Its not catching and understood. One day, we will be accepted by society. We have blue or green eyes, but inside our brains are completely complex. We ARE smart, but yet have weaknesses . Mine is mathmatical pursuits. I could go on--fortunately I will not.
My world is richer with my complex. I learned around it. My brain is compelled to accept and understand the complex. In a world, I am slowly beginning to feel ''regular''. I know that I am not alone--For I feel comfortable in my own words, thoughts, and skin. That is what feels strange and funny. I feel like I am home at last.
My complex will remain hidden, only a few will know. If they can get that close to me, I won't tell everyone. Would YOU?
Hidden beneath is always there. I have accepted it.

My Attention Deficit Disorder and Learning Disability will not beat me, for I finally feel like i have conquered it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in case you were wondering, I do have both a.d.d and a learning disability. I have been diagnosed for 31 years and its made me a stronger person.

Tonight there is no going back,
Look back with no regret and move forward.
A new life awaits around the next curve.
Buckle up, its time for a change and I am ready for it this time.
Leave the map behind,
Throw out all caution to the wind and set out on a new adventure.

anyone willingly to go? lol
Sounds like you've made a decision. Good for you. Best luck on your new adventure.

Very nice Em, I love reading these.

17 March 2005

Do you even remember me?

I can still see your eyes staring at me but that's all I recall.

I try to recall your scent but there is nothing to trigger it.

I cry because you are just a memory or did you ever exist?

I feel more alone even with a room of known faces when I have a single hope.

To be with you or just a glimmer of a hope to recall how much you loved me then.

I see your face in photographs and still I cannot remember what it was like to be held by you.

Can it all be a dream or just my imagination?

When I go to sleep at night,
I pray to dream.

I have gave up the hope of remembering you.

Now all I chose to recall is the love and seek comfort in that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just hit me again with your endless anger and words.
Rob me of ever feeling anything but hatred.
Take pity on my ears for they've heard way too much.

I am tired of trying to live a lie and especially tired of hearing you speak.

You may say how much you love me, but in truth I wonder often what I do I really feel.

You totally disregard my feelings and mock my tears when you have no idea what I go thru.

Day to day, I see myself less happy but truly satisfied alone.

For you don't want to care to see what my own life is.

And I try to be there and instead I take comfort knowing I might wake up to realize a life what I have now.

So give me all your anger--- I am ready to face that fist

(this one was written a long time ago not recently)

just wanted to say to those who read and respond, thank you for such nice compliments.

since i am so open to putting out my writing now, i want someone to read a short story i did. whoever if anyone responds to this, send me a pm with your email and i will send it to you. i want your honest opinion on this. thank you again for reading.

Cool, 15 pages is fine, will be able to read it tomorrow though, so you can send it to me & others who are interested.

A short story would be a perfect during those unofficial breaks during work.

Cool, 15 pages is fine, will be able to read it tomorrow though, so you can send it to me & others who are interested.

A short story would be a perfect during those unofficial breaks during work.

I haven't forgot your being willingly to read it. i just need your email addy. i finally wrote something new....

"Ashes''

darkside of a mess

ashes aflame

burning bright for all to see.

light my way home.

fly safely to the arms of the love.

on angels wings, fear not

for you are safe

let the fear fly away as you soar higher.

hold tight and not let go.

watch the earth burn below and feel the earth take a new shape.

weep not for the loss,

rejoice in the new life to beheld.

give me a light to lead me home..............home to your arms in this new world.

Well, its been forever since I updated this and been on a writing kick here lately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I want acceptance or redeem myself?
I will myself to exist--Look beyond the salty tears, I am a stranger to everybody especially to myself.
I hid under lies of smiles.
All hope has been fleeting and ran away.

Where shall I go to heal alone?
Far away from home, leave no note or even a clue to where I am headed.
I turn around for one final moment to see if anyone was there to say goodbye or tell me not to go.
Perhaps to change my mind even.
Sadly, it was the fellow traveler who will lead me onto the correct path.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing to feel but alone with tears for solace.
No kiss of hello or goodbye.
To him, I am a stranger.
I used to crave his touch and feel alive from it.
Truth is I feel dead and won't come alive by his caress.
Harsh words still ring in my ears....
To him, it is all a joke.
I cry my silent tears of regrets.

I breathe in his scent of sour and wasted bitterness,
Leave me be..... try as you may wish for a new chance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, thank you for reading

bumping an old thread up...

To my unseen angel, where were you when i needed you the most?
where were you to wipe my tears that still continue to fall and will always fall?
why did you leave me alone in my pain?

my eyes have seen too much pain to carry on most days and don't want to dwell on good days.
my sweet angel, where did you go when i needed you the most?
now who will be the one to catch me if and when i fall?
sadness lives within my heart just hid behind a smile. for nobody will ever know my true sadness and regret.
they say life gets easier as days pass, but why are somethings haunting my sleep and awakening me with panic?
my sweet angel, please come back to me so i can sleep and be at peace with myself. i am lost and don't really care to be found...

---------eM 6 Jan 2013------------