too much to deal with... at once

Tools    

i just wanted to post this somewhere to get this out of my head and i don't really care if anyone replies to this. i am so not ready for this... tomorrow my husband is deploying to iraq for 12 mths. i know the army has trained him well and he is confidant in what he has to do. but i am more worried about his mental heath and him all around.. he says he is motivated to go over there and get the job done to come home. he will lack 8mths when he gets back and then he is not re-enlisting. (thankfully) i just want him to come back safe and mentally sound. i am not strong in my faith but this has made me turn to god more than ever. i am so hoping these mths will fly by and its over before i know it. i have never dealt with this so i will be around alot more on here. all i know i have one more day to spend with him and i want to make the most of it.. i just wish he didn't have to work today!!! like i said i really don't care if anyone responds, but please keep the smart ass comments to yourself..........

I've never had to watch a husband deploy for Iraq… but I have watched my Dad, brother, numerous cousins, and several friends go… so I might know a tiny bit of what you're feeling… and one of the biggest bits of advice I can give you is to keep busy… especially with any family support groups in place. From what I've seen, they're a great help because everyone involved is either going through the same things you are or have gone through it…

I wish you both the best of luck and hope the time flies by… If you ever need to talk, I'm usually around here somewhere… but you'll not find too many better than 7thson to talk to about this... or anything else for that matter… like Nebs said, he's a great guy…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Hope things are going well for you and your family, you all are in my thoughts.

A friend of mine has gone through her husband being in Iraq for long periods of time several times now. She just gave birth to her second baby the other day. She's doing fine and he came back alright...

eMilee and Kevin, sending prayers and good wishes to you both. Keep safe and strong. And, Thank you for sharing yourselves with us.
That goes for me too.
Good luck.

Things that the guys/gals need over there:

Batteries, usually AA and D, but all are needed

Books, mostly easy reads and thoughtful stories.

Socks, and lots of them.

Cookies, yes cookies...yum.

Pictures of home, we all know why.

Letters and current affairs of everydy life back home, so important.