I can't bring myself to like 'comedy' films.

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Look what you've gone and done now king_of_movies_316. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.
What a cruel species we are...
That's got to be the third time in about the past week or so I've read someone on here call American Psycho a funny movie. I mean, I can see the humour in it but genuinely laughing at it? I can't really imagine it.
It's so absurd i can't help laughing out loud everytime i watch it.

Welcome to the human race...
Absurd? Yes. Amusing? Yes. Worth laughing out loud over? Er, not quite. It raised one amused snort and that's all.

Absurd? Yes. Amusing? Yes. Worth laughing out loud over? Er, not quite. It raised one amused snort and that's all.
Well that would constitue a laugh out loud then would it not? I wasnt saying that im rolling over the floor, urinating and vomiting with laughter, but it certainly made me chuckle.

Granted, but it's not a particularly satisfying laugh now, is it? I generally like my comedies to produce a strong reaction which really makes me feel a lot better when I laugh, not some tiny little guffaw that I feel bad about later because it felt very forced.

Granted, but it's not a particularly satisfying laugh now, is it? I generally like my comedies to produce a strong reaction which really makes me feel a lot better when I laugh, not some tiny little guffaw that I feel bad about later because it felt very forced.
Now i never said the film was a comedy, i just agreed that certain parts of it are funny. It certainly wouldnt be my first choice if i was looking for a film to whack on TV to spend an evening chuckling at. But its satire of the 80's yuppy is definetly funny in places.

I think you need to create a laugh-o-meter and we can place the film along a spectrum of numbers to highlight what level of laughter this film inspires in you.

Oh, right. My bad. I'll agree on the satire part - read the book after I saw the movie and it made much more sense there, so eh, I don't know.

That laugh-o-meter doesn't sound like a bad idea.

The King of Movies
Never liked me?!? Not in the whole six weeks you've been here? Say it ain't so, Joe. Say it ain't so.

Very well, you make me sad. BTW, you can really curse if you want, though with your total lack of spelling and typing skills it'll hardly matter. Probably just a lot of fiukjwad and aishools. Which is an unintentional commidie of errors.
i find it quit funny that im fighting with a 38 year old on a movie forum.

Holden do you have a job or a girl friend? seriously your fighting with a 15 year old. grow up!

Oh, right. My bad. I'll agree on the satire part - read the book after I saw the movie and it made much more sense there, so eh, I don't know.

That laugh-o-meter doesn't sound like a bad idea.
As long as it has audible canned laughter at each level and a cartoon of a woman giggling with large bare bouncy breasts i'm all up for starting construction.
You call this fighting? You're in for it now. Before the day is up you'll be fighting ala Women In Love. Naked fisticuffs in front of a roaring fire on a nice persian rug. Prepare yourself.

Holden do you have a job or a girl friend? seriously your fighting with a 15 year old. grow up!
I find it quite funny that you're a 15 year old fighting on a movie forum. Do you have a job or a girlfriend? Grow up!

The King of Movies
So you do. Does that have any relevance to your choice to "fight" strangers on the Internet whatsoever?
Seriously i don't need to debate any thing with you. I was fighting with Holden because i do not like him. Stay out of it, your 18 years old and you live in Brisbane, go to a night club or something.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Prestige,

I think you may be confusing "comedy" with "bad movies."

Anchorman has nothing in common with Annie Hall or Some Like it Hot. The problem with many of Ferrell and Sandler's comedies (besides the poor story, dialogue, acting, directing, producing, etc) is they rely on slapstick: Ugly men in their underwear, farts, midgets beating up a big person, yelling. It's the same thing over and over and over and over again.

I have no problem with slapstick, but it gets tiresome when these seem to be the only comedies around. A great comedy mixes slapstick in with wit--then there is laughter.

Stay out of it, your 18 years old and you live in Brisbane, go to a night club or something.
Ouch. You are an evil genius aren’t you! Reading user profiles and then twisting the info therein into a dark hurtful jibe. You cruel master of insults you!

The King of Movies
Ouch. You are an evil genius aren’t you! Reading user profiles and then twisting the info therein into a dark hurtful jibe. You cruel master of insults you!
I'm the master of evil! I will get infomation on you and make a comment about your age and your life! Call the FBI!!!!

The King of Movies
You don't need to debate anything with me - fine. I can accept that. Don't tell me what to do, though.
I'm just making sugestions on ways to better your life. You seem like you need to get out a bit, thats all.

Well, you tell me to go to a nightclub when you've said you're 15 years old, which means you shouldn't be allowed into nightclubs. So how would you know whether or not it would better my life at all?

The King of Movies
Prestige,

I think you may be confusing "comedy" with "bad movies."

Anchorman has nothing in common with Annie Hall or Some Like it Hot. The problem with many of Ferrell and Sandler's comedies (besides the poor story, dialogue, acting, directing, producing, etc) is they rely on slapstick: Ugly men in their underwear, farts, midgets beating up a big person, yelling. It's the same thing over and over and over and over again.

I have no problem with slapstick, but it gets tiresome when these seem to be the only comedies around. A great comedy mixes slapstick in with wit--then there is laughter.
Slapstick has put me off comedy.

Anchorman though was not all slapstick, Brick Timbland charicter stoped the movie from being another dumb slapstick movie.