The Ups and Downs of Your Day Tab

Tools    

history *is* moralizing
ups: the person above me (oops! wrong thread!) had a wild night, and i'm glad for him,
and secondly: i learned (and relearned in some cases) how to say *tadpole* in Genovese, Latvian and Veneto (baggeu, kurkulis and ranabòtol(o)), a very useful word for this froggy!

ups: well, summer's close and my winter depression is gone

downs: a lot of my friends are seniors, so it's time to say goodbye

Ups: Upgraded my internet connection speed.

Downs: My back has been killing me all day.

Originally Posted by Escape
Downs: My back has been killing me all day.
Sorry to hear that, hope it is better soon

Originally Posted by nebbit
Sorry to hear that, hope it is better soon
Thanks nebbs. Yeah I think it's the way I sleep on it. Not sure. Could be gym doing it also.

Originally Posted by Eyes
ups: well, summer's close and my winter depression is gone
Ya know I get this problem too now and then. I mean I like Winter for the most part, but it is not that big of a deal here in Florida. Oh it will get cold now and then (for here) 10 or so degrees F. But for th emost part all it means is When I go to work it is dark and when I get home it is dark. Now I like the night life as much as the next guy, but it seems all my daylight hours in the winter time are spent working- hence the depression on my part. Oh well it is Summer time now and as long as no hurricanes visit us this year I am looking forward to a good few months that I can go to the beach, and maybe even get a tan.

UPS: I sold three computer systems today at work

DOWNS: I have to build them over the weekend.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
UP: I got my car fixed and it was only $135.00 for a new tire and battery, installed, and they checked several other things and all was well.

DOWN: It still has the rattle that I originally took it in for.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
DOWN: It still has the rattle that I originally took it in for.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH.............new movie title alert: Snakes in Samsies car..

BOTH: a roller coaster of up and down.....

On 5/24/06 an heretofore unknown woman showed up over my house. And stayed. (Completely platonic.) Work all day, revel late into the night. Strange houseguest...
On 5/26/06 two more heretofore unknown people showed up over my house and also stayed. (Platonic.) Work all day. Revel all night. All weekend long.
On 5/31/06 I went to work, praying, groveling, nay, prostrating myself like a small child begging to a higher power that they would just LEAVE!
On 6/1/6 came down with the flu and dropped like a ton of bricks. For DAYS.
On 6/4/06, my mother had a stroke. I carried her to the car so my sister could drive her to hospital. It was almost my first time outside in days.
On 6/5/06 I came up for air, and still hoarse, crawled to work and draped myself over my desk, wondering when death would come. Please come. Oh wait, but not before I get to the hospital to check on mom.
On 6/6/6 my older bro turned 28. Flew (painfully) to FL to hang out and deliver his gift (ok, really went there for work, but that was a side benefit).
On 6/8/06 my mother turned 51. Flew (somewhat less painfuly) home to drop of her gift and celebrate her miraculous recovery (ok, actually just flew home to...y'know...go HOME, but somehow found my way over to her house to revel in midlife celebrations before dropping exhausted into my own bed).
On 6/9/06 good old dad turned 52. Called him from work to catch him on his way to see the Playoffs.

Now, I actually feel slightly less hoarse and somewhat more human, and worlds more optimistic. Yay.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by mack

On 5/24/06 an heretofore unknown woman showed up over my house. And stayed. (Completely platonic.) Work all day, revel late into the night. Strange houseguest...
On 5/26/06 two more heretofore unknown people showed up over my house and also stayed. (Platonic.) Work all day. Revel all night. All weekend long.
On 5/31/06 I went to work, praying, groveling, nay, prostrating myself like a small child begging to a higher power that they would just LEAVE!
On 6/1/6 came down with the flu and dropped like a ton of bricks. For DAYS.
On 6/4/06, my mother had a stroke. I carried her to the car so my sister could drive her to hospital. It was almost my first time outside in days.
On 6/5/06 I came up for air, and still hoarse, crawled to work and draped myself over my desk, wondering when death would come. Please come. Oh wait, but not before I get to the hospital to check on mom.
On 6/6/6 my older bro turned 28. Flew (painfully) to FL to hang out and deliver his gift (ok, really went there for work, but that was a side benefit).
On 6/8/06 my mother turned 51. Flew (somewhat less painfuly) home to drop of her gift and celebrate her miraculous recovery (ok, actually just flew home to...y'know...go HOME, but somehow found my way over to her house to revel in midlife celebrations before dropping exhausted into my own bed).
On 6/9/06 good old dad turned 52. Called him from work to catch him on his way to see the Playoffs.

Now, I actually feel slightly less hoarse and somewhat more human, and worlds more optimistic. Yay.

I don't know exactly what happened right here with this coast to coaster ride... but you touched a spot in the still of my heart with all this jibber jabber little Mack. I didn't even know such places existed in me. Right now, right this second... I feel an icy shiver of respect for you, sliding like one of those little ridiculous Fight Club penguins down my spine.

On 6/8/06 my mother turned 51. Flew (somewhat less painfuly) home to drop of her gift and celebrate her miraculous recovery
Glad your Mum is better

Oh Nony, by the way, my Penguin doesn't like yours

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
. . . sliding like one of those little ridiculous Fight Club penguins down my spine.

I think your Fight Club penguin is taking a beating by Nebbs' little friend!

Oh, right - UP - Mom's doing well, thanks guys.
Recent DOWN - HER mother came into town to "help out." Be afraid.

Arresting your development
Oh sweet playful nebbs... when push actually comes to shove, your little friend only encourages mine.

Up - My lady friend and I just got tickets for The Wedding Singer Musical, July 9th

Down - I think my car just had an aneurysm

ups: back at mofo, tandem

downs: I was going to delete my ups, but I'll note my recent down... I seem to be having trouble separating my latin from my english...