Street Fighter: Chun Li (2008) movie

Tools    

In the Beginning...
Oh Sleezy! JJ Abrams has fooled you again! The Street Fighter: Chun Li movie is of course the beginning of the viral marketing campaign for Cloverfield 2, tentatively titled: 2-19-09, haven't you cottoned on to this marketing genius' style yet. Tsk Tsk Sleezatron, Tsk Tsk. :P
If that were true, then shame on Abrams. I'm sure he could think of a more titilating bogus film than this one.

I just hope it's not corny.

The problem is that the title will instantly put of a whole load of people who remember the first movie with old van dame. Why not just do a new fighting movie and develop a bit of street cred.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
more casting news

Capcom Co., Ltd. today confirmed the main cast for its live-action Street Fighter movie based on the popular video game series.

The story revolves around Chun-Li, who will be portrayed by actress Kristen Kreuk ("Smallville"). Michael Clark Duncan plays Balrog, Neal McDonough is M. Bison, Taboo of the Black Eyed Peas is Vega, Chris Klein plays Charlie Nash, and Rick Yune is the mystical Gen.

The film will be made in conjunction with Hyde Park Films, and will be distributed by 20th Century Fox for a scheduled 2009 worldwide release.

The Street Fighter movie is only one of many projects Capcom has planned to celebrate the 20th anniversary of "Street Fighter." Summer 2008 will see the Japanese arcade release of the much-anticipated "Street Fighter IV."

"Street Fighter" was first released in 1987 to critical acclaim for its innovative features. This was followed up in 1991 with the smash hit "Street Fighter II," which broke records by being available in 500 thousand arcade cabinets and selling over 25 million units on home systems. These records cemented "Street Fighter's" reputation as one of the most popular fighting game series of all time, and ensured that the fighting genre would become a staple of the gaming world.

Moon Bloodgood, Edmund Chen, Cheng Pei Pei and Josie Ho also star.

source

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this will probably end up being direct to video? Yeah. Can't imagine this is gonna be good.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li

Release Date: February 27, 2009
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Screenwriter: Justin Marks
Starring: Kristin Kreuk, Michael Clarke Duncan, Neal McDonough, Taboo, Chris Klein, Moon Bloodgood, Edmund Chen, Cheng Pei Pei, Josie Ho, Robin Shou
Official Website: StreetFightermovie.net
Plot Summary: "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li" is a live-action feature film based on Capcom's video game. The new film is focused on female fighter Chun-Li and her journey for justice.

Via Kotaku.com, Capcom of Japan released a photo (see above) from the in-production Street Fighter movie, giving us what appears to be our first, heavily artifacted glimpse of Kristin Kreuk as Chun-Li in Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. It's not the traditional blue outfit we're used to seeing Chun-Li sporting, but she has to put that thing in the wash sometime. Of course, Capcom may simply have a cache of photos of Kreuk looking dirty and disheveled for times like this, so consider this unconfirmed until we get confirmation from Capcom.

Movie Forums Extra
wow can't wait to see it!

Hmm. totally not trying to put my foot in anything here, but I'd have to say the Chun Li from the game is definitely more... .... yeah. NOT Kristine Kreuk, definitely more Chiaki.

kreuk is a lovely girl. never seen her act that I know of, though, so not so sure how this will turn out. jury's still out.

I like that Legend of Chun Li part of the name and I think they should just get rid of that Street Fighter part of the name.

I'll be waiting for the trailer for this one.

-Hattori Hanzo

Comingsoon.net has published exlusive photos:

Oh my, those shots look horrendous. It's sad that the total lack of a budget has to mangle what could be a very good story.

@ Sleezy
About Capcom, the company has a legion of fans. It's doubtful that they would need a movie to hype a new Street Fighter game, but the reverse is much more likely.

I can see another Street Fighter Movie bring crap. I liked the Animated Movie. That looks poor! Wonder why they made a movie about Chun-Li? It's a bit strange, the first film, they had Guile be the lead character of the film, obviously, this is about Chun-Li, but everything I know of Street Fighter, is, that it revolvers around Ryu. When the making a bad film about him?

I can see another Street Fighter Movie bring crap. I liked the Animated Movie. That looks poor! Wonder why they made a movie about Chun-Li? It's a bit strange, the first film, they had Guile be the lead character of the film, obviously, this is about Chun-Li, but everything I know of Street Fighter, is, that it revolvers around Ryu. When the making a bad film about him?
I personally would actually love to see a Ryu movie.

This to me looks like it will do poorly in the box offices just because of whom hollywood has chosen to play the roles.

Chun-Li: Kristin Kreuk = Crap
M. Bison: Neal McDonough = Double Crap
Balrog: Michael Clarke Duncan = The only good choice, oh and FYI he made a horrible King Pin
Vega: Taboo??!!! = Seriously........One of the @$#%'in Black Eye Peas??!!!, I don't even want to know how Hollywood came to that casting decision.

Other than that, that there is no mention of any of the other characters, which is crap.

So over all, why Andrzej Bartkowiak is tarnishing his resume with this piece of crap is beyond my understanding.

BANNED

An exclusive poster...
Why is this an "exclusive " poster??

I personally would actually love to see a Ryu movie.

I also would love a film based around Ryu, but I bet they'd make it crap.

I guess I'll have to be the first to go on record and say that this flick is going to rock ass balls. I've been paying next to no attention to it whatsoever and I just now learned that Kristen Kruek is going to be playing Chun-Li?

Yeah! Do you people have any notion of just how incredibly hot she truly is? Apparently not.

I doubt I'll be seeing this in theater but I'll see it at some point.