The MoFo Top 100 of the 80s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Are you sure that everyone isn't ruling out that one key film of the 80's?

Reviews

Originally Posted by The Rodent
Terminator is a shoe in for an 80s list...

Hasn't made it yet, but it will.
He'll be here.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Wee man and I created a mass chaos theory where The Brave Little Toaster makes it into the top 5. You heard it here first.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I freaking love Die Hard!!! Way too low at #8!!!
This one appeared on 29 lists, the most so far. In contrast to Blue Velvet it appears to be a film that a lot of people are fond of but not one that many would call their absolute favourite of the decade. 13/29 of the votes were in the top 10 and its highest placing was #2, where it appeared once. Lots of its points came from votes in the middle of the pack.
That would be me!!!

too bad neither Big Trouble in Little China nor They Live made the countdown, love those movies. put em both in my top 10
Not a massive fan of Big Trouble in Little China (though I do enjoy it) but I'm definitely upset about They Live not making it. I really thought it would as I know of quite a few fans around here. I've got to say I think it's a real shame that John Carpenter, one of the icons of the 80s, is only going to have one solitary film on the list.

another 80s movie that should've made it, that was even mentioned at the Oscars the other night by one Bill Murray

-
Caddyshack

(Harold Ramis, 1980)

it's easy to grin, when your ship comes in
and you've got the stock market beat,
but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat

#17 on my list

too bad neither Big Trouble in Little China nor They Live made the countdown, love those movies. put em both in my top 10

Big Trouble in Little China
was on my list. This begs the question: why did I not include They Live? Which is better in my opinion.

Much like the Oscars and most of these types of "best of" lists, comedies generally get less respect and placement.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This is a movie I voted for that I thought would make it-

That's a good movie. Been years since I watched it, but I liked it.