the cable guy

→ in
Tools    

i ve always liked a fun comedy with a nice thrill here and there and a dash of psychilogical horror, i found that jim carrey did really a great job in this film of portraying how maniacal he can be as long as being funny, this is probably the least film for jim that made me laugh, because its purpose isnt to be a comedy but more of a psycho drama thing with funny elements,.
i liked this movie a lot because there is chemistry between mathew brodrick and jim carrey, with a nice plot to keep you centered around for 90 minutes.
the most astonishing thing about the cable guy is that it simply wasn't liked by critics! however, this was to be expected given the way it was promoted, i was a kid when i saw this movie found it a guilty pleasure actually.
i would say the film was directed effectively with good camera work all in all.
have your say.

It's a solid psychological thriller comedy.

But... it's an acquired taste tbh. When I first watched it, I thought it was garbage.
I was expecting the A-Typical Jim Carrie comedy... something like Ace Ventura or Dumb And Dumber... but what I got was something I just didn't, well, get.

Watching now though as an adult, I see how clever it actually is, the genius behind the writing and all of the homages it pays to numerous other movies and TV shows.

Decent movie...

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didn't realise this wasn't well received. I really liked it but find stalkers quite tragic yet terrifyingly insane. Interesting that Jim said this role depressed him.

Though I'm not much of a Jim Carrey fan, this is one of my favorite comedies. Mathew Broderick's reactionary acting was paired perfectly with Carey's character, and Ben Stiller found the perfect tone and middle ground with the material. To me, I've always felt there must have been some influence from 1981's dark comedy Neighbor's, where Akryod plays an obnoxious, twisted neighbor and Belushi plays the straight, reactionary role.