War of the Worlds Teaser Trailer

Tools    

Must admit I'm looking forward to this, not because of the trailer but because I like HG Wells work and the original movie is one of my all time favorites.
Just hope it's not the let down Time Machine was

Registered Loser.
WARNING: "War of the Worlds" spoilers below
hm, seems ok, but the book was set at the beginning of the 20th century in rural england, and the only weapons were rifles and big cannons. this was good because it made the humans seem so inferior technology-wise, so i dunno they might lose a bit of suspense. also in the book the martians are only defeated by a disease on earth they didnt have on mars; any feeble human attempt to stop them is crushed instantly; i hope the movie doesnt come up with some lame ending where a one man army hero bloke defeats all the martians single handedly. that would suck. also in the book the aliens looked like big black slugs that dragged themselves along slowly and slimly, im hoping they dont get a hollywood update. nothing against that kind of style, but i think they could lose all the tension of the book if they're not careful.

ADMIN EDIT: PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS NEXT TIME

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by capn king
hm, seems ok, but the book was set at the beginning of the 20th century in rural england
Yeah, and it looks like Spielberg will be trying to retain some connection to the book. If you look closely on IMDB.com, Tim Robbins is playing "Ogilvy", an original H.G. Wells War of the Worlds character.

Hmm...

Here you go,
for you guys looking for something worth reading on the subject, here's one. I have the book, loved it, the Orson Welle's Broadcast which I also loved and the original. Never cared for ID4 that much, spare the FX which were ofcourse unarguably extraordinary. I don't know if any of you on this forum remember but we had a conversation about this movie long ago before there was any material made or available to us about it. Everyone was predicting it was going to take place in the same time the book did. And I said it was highly unlikely and also would make for an even less realistic, worse movie ultimately. Well turns out I was right all along and nobody believed me but I have some good news for you folks that aren't aware of this yet. A British company called Pendragon is filming its own remake that is a straight representation of the Book's story. As a matter of fact, it's coming out even sooner than Spielberg's and will be here in March. Watch the trailer here . Enjoy. It looks fairly good and entertaining in my opinion.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Krackalackin
Never cared for ID4 that much, spare the FX which were ofcourse unarguably extraordinary.
War of the Worlds has nothing to do with ID4, apart from them both being Alien Invasion stories. thats it. Im sure weve had this discussion before...

Watch the trailer here. Enjoy. It looks fairly good and entertaining in my opinion.
Watch the trailer where?

Since spielberg is directing and cruise is starring in it, I anticipate perhaps not a great film but a well done one. I dont want to get my expectations up too much. I find it better that way, for myself anyways.

Well, apparently there is supposed to be another remake though from a much smaller budget than Speilber's film. It is supposed to remain faithfull to Well's original book set in England in the late 1900's.

Here is the trailer though it does lack the special effects that we are now used to in sci fi movies nowadays and looks a little on the cheesy side.

And this is my BOOMstick!
That looks horrible.

From the trailer it looks pretty awesome, I haven't read the book or anything but it seems to be interesting.

What I liked most was that the trailer made you want to see the moviel, but didn't give too much away concerning the main storyline; who are the aliens, how powerful are they and do the humans have a chance to fight back.

It seems like the classic mix of action and drama, perhaps similar to Independance Day but only in terms of that mix. I'm not saying it's a rip off or anything because I barely know anything about the movie or the book.[/quote][quote=SpoOkY]

It's the other way around. ID4 is a ripoff of WOTW! I'll tell ya some stuff about the movie. Its got pretty much the same storyline as ID4.
WARNING: "War of the Worlds" spoilers below
I won't tell you the ending but the aliens do everything in threes.

Everyone was predicting it was going to take place in the same time the book did. And I said it was highly unlikely and also would make for an even less realistic, worse movie ultimately. Well turns out I was right all along and nobody believed me...
You haven't changed much, have you.

The Pendragon release looks pretty low budget, but I'd like to see it anyway. Personally, I really don't think being completely faithful to the novel would be boring, but I do see your point. Movies are made for the masses...not just me. Damnit! I'm looking forward to the Spielberg release as well, but I have a feeling that the time period won't be the only thing to change. I just can't see Cruise making a film where his character is terrified and helpless throughout the entire film. He will HAVE to be brave and with a woman in tow...even though there are none in the book. All we can do is hope. Anyway, thanks for bringing the Pendragon film to my attention.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

ID4 is a ripoff of WOTW! I'll tell ya some stuff about the movie. Its got pretty much the same storyline as ID4. I won't tell you the ending but the aliens do everything in threes.
You are a fool.

Here are some pics from the movie. What starts off with great wonder and curiosity, ends with sheer panic and sorrow from Cruise and the rest of his fellow earthlings.

Here's a couple of concept's from the same site. Looks nifty. Thanks for the link Escape.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	concept_Martian-War-Machine.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	4426   Click image for larger version

Name:	concept_Martian-WarMachine_det.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	4427  

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Thanks for the link Escape.
Oh brotter, you too me bread and butter.

You're the fool. ID4 is definately a rip-off of TWOTW. I'm not gonna go into details because I don't feel like it but you are definitely the fool on this one buddy boy.

You're the fool. ID4 is definately a rip-off of TWOTW. I'm not gonna go into details because I don't feel like it but you are definitely the fool on this one buddy boy.
Prove it. They both involve alien invasions on a global scale. Anything else?

Don't be a jerk, K. You can debate without sinking to childish name calling.

Have you read the book?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This movie looks wicked cool. War of The Worlds was always one of my favourite books, and I hope this movie does it justice.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/