Fuze's Top 100 Redux!!!!

→ in
Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Love Suspiria. The vibrant colors, the awesome soundtrack and the suspense make it one of my all-time favorite horror flicks. The film is just stunning visually. Home Alone 2 is a childhood favorite of mine, I honestly think I like it more than the first one.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Home Alone 2 is an immense lot of fun and highly rewatchable, although I much prefer the first one.

I could honestly watch Suspiria just for the soundtrack, which is haunting and endlessly entrancing. Unfortunately, the rest of the movie never aeemed to live up to that one aspect of it. It's almost like an incredibly good music video: apropos visuals matched with incredible music.

Mallrats is awesome, I've not seen the other 2.

I'm really interested in watching Ace in the Hole !

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Not seen Suspiria or Mallrats, with neither exactly top of my must watch list; that's particularly true of Mallrats because my general distaste for Kevin Smith.

Home Alone 2 however I love.

I may have seen Home Alone 2 but I'm not sure, and I can't envision a scenario where I'd watch it now.

I used to want to see Suspiria but actually don't anymore. I've heard nothing but good things, but just don't think it would work for me personally.

I haven't seen Mallrats yet but think I will try it at some point.

Cool variety.

Give me all of your candy!
94.) Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Iconic roles, great action, awesome twists and turns, just a classic. I am not the largest Star Wars fan, and *SPOILER* this is the only of the movies on my list, but I will say Lucas at least did three things right. The original trilogy was great, but this was by far my favorite of the lot.

93.) The Shining

Not the highest listed horror movie on my list, but the scariest psychological experience I have ever laid eyes on. Kubrick's vision and dedication to the source material (which is much scarier) makes this a classic. Also, if you ever want to know about little Danny Torrance many years later, check out Doctor Sleep. Great read.

92.) Anchorman

Hilarious. Great characters and cameos galore. Ron Burgandy is the ****! Quote after quote and.......BRICK! I love this film and keep it near the DVD player!

Finished here. It's been fun.
Great set. ESB is my favorite of the Star Wars films as well, it is a spectacular movie blockbuster. The Shining Is a horror masterpiece, and Anchorman is absolutely hilarious.

A couple of all time greats and a solid comedy; awesome.

It's funny you mentioned Danny Torrance. My parents used to tell me that I almost got that role; I always dismissed it and actually forgot about it as I got older. I recently looked up the actor and found out that like me, he's from Chicago and had no acting experience. My parents had told me that there was some kind of open audition. Me and the actor looked alike and were close in age. Also, my parents weren't movie buffs; they wouldn't know that he was from Chicago. Maybe there was some truth to it? I don't know.

91.) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Eastwood at his best and some great direction from Leone makes for an instant spot on my list. Classic! Great music also!

90.) VHS 2

A great collection of creepy stories told in an original fashion, this film slightly edges out the first one for the third video alone. Great inclusions from all of the directors!

89.) Mulholland Drive

Great film. Seeming to be pure nonsense on my first viewing, I gave it another shot not long ago, and since then have watched it 3 more times and have to say I adore it more each time. A true masterpiece of suspense and needs multiple viewings. I could go on about it, but I will give that review another day!

A couple of all time greats and a solid comedy; awesome.

It's funny you mentioned Danny Torrance. My parents used to tell me that I almost got that role; I always dismissed it and actually forgot about it as I got older. I recently looked up the actor and found out that like me, he's from Chicago and had no acting experience. My parents had told me that there was some kind of open audition. Me and the actor looked alike and were close in age. Also, my parents weren't movie buffs; they wouldn't know that he was from Chicago. Maybe there was some truth to it? I don't know.
That is awesome! Would have been epic to work with that cast and director, even at that age.

That is awesome! Would have been epic to work with that cast and director, even at that age.
Yea no doubt; unfortunately I'll never know if it's true.

Another awesome pick with TGTBATU, and I quite enjoyed Mulholland Drive-I adore Naomi Watts. I hadn't planned on watching VHS 2 because I didn't care for the first one. Now I will try it.

Empire and Anchorman are in my 100 as well. Good, Bad, Ugly and Shining are movies I liked but didnt love. Mullholland, well...everyone else seems to love it.

88.) 12 Angry Men

Great character study and an amazing cast led by Fonda, but the main reason this made my list was this guy on the picture, Lee J. Cobb. What a great character! Great, simple story with a dialogue that pulls you in early and doesn't let go. Classic.

87.) Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings

Beautiful scenery, great action, remarkable characters, and an gorgeous soundtrack. Peter Jackson shows us this world as no one else could, and casting could not have been more spot on. Glad I finally checked these out about a month ago! Took way too long to see the trilogy.

86.) The Godfather

In my previous list try, I included this and The Godfather II as one selection, but after a few times watching them, *LIST SPOILER!!!!* I really enjoy the second one immensely more than this one. I still could not think of a list where this was not included, because it is a classic masterpiece that does well by itself, although I never watch one without the other still to this day!

Lord High Filmquisitor
The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars film. They just nailed everything perfectly with that one!

The Shining is only good because of jack nicholson's performance and Kubrick's subtle direction. Shelley Duvall, though, is an absolutely horrendous actress and the kid was not much better. It constantly flutters between a high 7.5 and a low 8 for me.

Anchorman is hilarious and never goes too over-the-top for me (which I find is a problem with most comedies). It struck the perfect balance between strait-faced humor and zany antics.

I haven't seen VHS 2, but I was not a fan of the first film.

12 Angry Men and The Fellowship of the Ring are two of my absolute favorite movies (he latter of which is my #1). The Godfather is likewise fantastic, one that i think that I will appreciate more on a second viewing.

Star Wars: Episode V, The Shining, Anchorman, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Mulholland Drive, 12 Angry Men, The Lord of the Rings and The Godfather are all good or great films

Also I find it interesting how depending on who you ask Shelley Duvall's performance is either genius or terrible. I think it might be underrated, she's annoying and weird, but it's kind of the point, Kubrick was said to have actually driven her insane with constant re shoots and such, she does genuinely seem terrified in the film. Mark Kermode, probably the best British film critic and a huge horror fan loves her performance and doesn't really like Nicholson's actually.

The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars film. They just nailed everything perfectly with that one!

The Shining is only good because of jack nicholson's performance and Kubrick's subtle direction. Shelley Duvall, though, is an absolutely horrendous actress and the kid was not much better. It constantly flutters between a high 7.5 and a low 8 for me.

Anchorman is hilarious and never goes too over-the-top for me (which I find is a problem with most comedies). It struck the perfect balance between strait-faced humor and zany antics.

I haven't seen VHS 2, but I was not a fan of the first film.

12 Angry Men and The Fellowship of the Ring are two of my absolute favorite movies (he latter of which is my #1). The Godfather is likewise fantastic, one that i think that I will appreciate more on a second viewing.
I can overlook (no pun intended ) Duvall, but I do agree.....she is terrible. If you didn't like the first VHS, chances are the second will not be enjoyable either; they are carbon copies almost. That being said, I loved them both, but the third video alone is the reason I chose the second over the first.