Are You Going To See Catwoman?

Tools    

Im wondering if anyone here is going to go see this new Catwomen film. I myself have no intention what so ever to pay to see this flick at all. I mean wasn't the original Catwomen a villan and now all of a sudden she's good. And also I don't know if anyone else picked up on this quote during a Catwomen trailor but Halle's voice comes on say more or less "It's been said once you die a cat could bring your soul back to set the wrong things right." Is it me or did that sound a bit like The Crow. Ever since I noticed that I haven't seen that trailor on. But thats just my two cents. Feel free to write yours saying why you will or whon't see this flick.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I can say that I don't have a strong desire to see it, but I would not say no if a group of friends was going to go see it. I'll probably end up seeing it sooner or later though.

seems like its gona be one of those rental things

By seeing in the theater you'll waste your $$$, yet if you rent it you'll be doing the same. I might watch some the evening before in the projection booth and just have a laugh with the other employees.

Im surprised most think that way. I've heard many people are going to see this thinking its the best thing. Also many people have said its good to see a female super hero out there now. But thinking along those lines again Catwomen really was a super hero. If chicks want a good female super hero lead I say they should come out and make Wonder Women into a film.

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
I mean wasn't the original Catwoman a villan and now all of a sudden she's good.
Original storyline from the comics: Selina Kyle was made an orphan by a suicidal mother and an alcoholic father, sent to an orphanage and was abused. She ran away from the orphanage and became a prostitute at an early age in order to survive - and eventually moves on to burglary. Though burglary is her prior occupation, she does redeem herself now and then to prove that she still has a set of morals.

So she's a half-villain. But that's not what you'll be seeing in the theatres - I think they plan to make her a full fledged superhero.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Do you know my poetry?
The movie looks terrible and ridiculous, I have no desire to see this film ever.

Original storyline from the comics: Selina Kyle was made an orphan by a suicidal mother and an alcoholic father, sent to an orphanage and was abused. She ran away from the orphanage and became a prostitute at an early age in order to survive - and eventually moves on to burglary. Though burglary is her prior occupation, she does redeem herself now and then to prove that she still has a set of morals.
Still though in the film she dies and comes back because of cats. That I feel doesn't remind me of anything i've read or seen. Plus people are built up to believe Catwomen as a villan since in every Batman there is she is the villan. Ever since the original with Adam West, Catwomen was evil, and Even in Batam Returns w/ Michael Keaton, Catwomen teamed up with The Penguin and thus being a villan. Most people dont really think of her as a hero until now.

I will rent it.

Nah, even better, pay for one film you want to see, watch it, then walk into another. Very childish but FREE, cant complain.
ps make sure its not in hols, ie when its busy and staff are in all screens

When I first saw the trailer for this movie I thought ughhhh lame, but at the same time my girlfriend saw it and said, "Wow I gotta see that." So yeah I am going.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Nah, even better, pay for one film you want to see, watch it, then walk into another. Very childish but FREE, cant complain.
For some reason that's hilarious.
Anyway, I have no intention of seeing this film at all. Halle Berry for a start seems like a bad choice (bring back Michelle Pfeiffer! (I can never tell if that's spelt right)), her catsuit looks terrible, and the trailer didn't interest one bit.

Not even if the cats try to drag me…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I See You When You're Sleeping
I think we should get everyone we know to go see it so it makes millions. Then buy millions worth of merchendice. Then, when they least expect it, everybody refund everything at once.

Then, throw cats at the director.

At least Sharon Stone is doing Basic Instinct 2.

nope
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I don't plan to go see it. It might make for a fun rental.

What I recall of the TV show, Catwoman was on the fence between good and bad. She was bad, but she liked Batman so she helped them sometimes. That may be just my kid's perception of it. There was plenty going on in those shows that I didn't understand til later!