Top 5 best horror flicks

Tools    

1. Stephen King's "It" directed by Tommy Lee Wallace(it may not have been that bloody or gory! But come on! The best horror flicks don't have to have grisly murder scenes and dismembered limbs....It's all about THE SCARE!!!!) ----That clown played by Tim Curry gave me nightmares for several days-----

2. The Exorcist(............k. This movie is very interesting. It is scary, as well as funny, and disturbing. The little girl that is possessed gives you the creeps, but also gives you the chance to barf! This film was the best at least at getting me scared and nervous.....and then sick.)

3. Childsplay(now this one was obviously about that damn red-headed doll who went around killing ppl with a knife or other various items. I have been scared of that damn doll ever since i saw it at age 7........that movie is kind of grisly in the murders, but it does have several "creepy" scenes where you never know when Chucky is going to stay quiet as the doll....or if he's gonna snap and jump at the threatening person. Also, how he walks with those terrible short legs....its so freaky.)

4. Friday the 13th series(this is very good since it has lots of slashing, gushing blood, screaming chicks, and skinny-dipping babes. lol Anyway, Jason has been a fav of mine ever since i could remeber. The undead who goes around killing people at Camp Crystal Lake is very popular......but, it did go down since several of the movies in the series were FLOPS.) FREDDY VERSUS JASON WAS GOOD THOUGH. (im not gonna include a slot for that movie....that one is more like action and eye candy. :P )

5. From Dusk to Dawn( I LOVE THIS MOVIE! great cast, great grisly and gory action.....but it really lacked on the SCARES. some of the various vampires were scary to look at, and some may have caused you to barf....but HEY! it was done by Tom Savini's great little horror shop.....i love the make-up, action and stunts, but it just didnt SCARE ME THAT MUCH. I was laughing and screaming at the screen more than shrieking and closing my eyes. It was worth seeing though)

There are tons more....but those are probably the ones that SCARED ME THE MOST.....

The ®æPe® øƒ Pãïñ ¿
Originally Posted by MOVIE_bug
1. Stephen King's "It" directed by Tommy Lee Wallace(it may not have been that bloody or gory! But come on! The best horror flicks don't have to have grisly murder scenes and dismembered limbs....It's all about THE SCARE!!!!) ----That clown played by Tim Curry gave me nightmares for several days-----

2. The Exorcist(............k. This movie is very interesting. It is scary, as well as funny, and disturbing. The little girl that is possessed gives you the creeps, but also gives you the chance to barf! This film was the best at least at getting me scared and nervous.....and then sick.)

3. Childsplay(now this one was obviously about that damn red-headed doll who went around killing ppl with a knife or other various items. I have been scared of that damn doll ever since i saw it at age 7........that movie is kind of grisly in the murders, but it does have several "creepy" scenes where you never know when Chucky is going to stay quiet as the doll....or if he's gonna snap and jump at the threatening person. Also, how he walks with those terrible short legs....its so freaky.)

4. Friday the 13th series(this is very good since it has lots of slashing, gushing blood, screaming chicks, and skinny-dipping babes. lol Anyway, Jason has been a fav of mine ever since i could remeber. The undead who goes around killing people at Camp Crystal Lake is very popular......but, it did go down since several of the movies in the series were FLOPS.) FREDDY VERSUS JASON WAS GOOD THOUGH. (im not gonna include a slot for that movie....that one is more like action and eye candy. :P )

5. From Dusk to Dawn( I LOVE THIS MOVIE! great cast, great grisly and gory action.....but it really lacked on the SCARES. some of the various vampires were scary to look at, and some may have caused you to barf....but HEY! it was done by Tom Savini's great little horror shop.....i love the make-up, action and stunts, but it just didnt SCARE ME THAT MUCH. I was laughing and screaming at the screen more than shrieking and closing my eyes. It was worth seeing though)

There are tons more....but those are probably the ones that SCARED ME THE MOST.....

Demonic Toys! That damn film use to freak me out >.< I was only ickle though.. lol

My top 5 Horror Films would have to be:

1.Dawn of the Dead
2.Night of the Living Dead
3.Day of the Dead
4.The Exorcist
5.Texas Chainsaw Massacre

mine are.

1) Halloween (obviously)
i just think this movie accomplishes so many things. it paved the way for jason, freddy, chucky and all the other slashers out there. the cast is great. jaime lee curtis is the greatest scream queen and Donal Pleasence is freakin amazing. i just love this movie so much.

2) The Shining
This has always scared me so much. from the two little girls to REDRUM it still scares me so much to this day. Jack Nicholson is magnificant as a crazy murderer.

3) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1974)
this movie scared the sh*t out of me when i first saw it. it really captures the 5 kids fright from leatherface and his family. leatherface is the ultimut(sp??) picture of evil.

4) The Exorcist
even though i don twatch this movie as much as my others it still delivers alot of scares. Im still scared of that satan face that pops up everyonce in a while.

5) i cant think of a 5th right now

My choices:

The Shining (Kubrick's)
IT
The Exorcist
The Others
The Sixth Sense

I'm being chased by evil pirates!!!
The Shining, fp' sho'
Evil Dead \m/ Ash \m/
Nosferatu, Actually scary
The Exorcist

I don't know

Platoon
Evil Dead
Goodfellas
Alice in Wonderland
Rocky Horror Picture Show

1. Rosemary's Baby (1967 - Polanski)
2. The Shining (1980 - Kubrick)
3. Nosferatu (1922 - F.W. Mernau)
4. The Bride of Frankenstein (1935 - James Whale)
5. Don't Look Now (1973 - Nicolas Roeg)
6. The Haunting (1963 - Robert Wise)
7. Night of the Living Dead (1968 - Romero)
8. An American Werewolf in London (1981 - John Landis)
9. The Wicker Man (1973 - Robin Hardy)
10. Near Dark (1987 - Kathryn Bigelow)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And this is my BOOMstick!

1. Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

2. House on Haunted Hill

3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake)

4. Dawn of the Dead (remake)

5. Wishmaster.

1. Halloween II (naturally)
2. Shining
3. Psycho
4. H20
5. Freddy's Dead, the Final Nightmare

1) The Exorcist - speaks for itself
2) Ringu - Japanese horror at its best.
3) Halloween - brought about a new genre of mostly crap. breakthrough film nonetheless.
4) Suspiria by D. Argento -- Awesome soundtrack, creepy wrapup.
5) The Evil Dead - Sam Raimi is great.

Now this is my kinda thread!

1. The Haunting (1963): No blood, no gore, no chainsaw-wielding madmen, but it's scary as hell!

2. Night Of the Living Dead: Romero's claustrophobic zombie nightmare is an all-time classic.

3. Halloween: A superbly crafted slasher movie that has yet to be equalled.

4. Psycho: "Everyone knows a boy's best friend is his mother." Heh.

5. The Thing (1982): John Carpenter's paranoid chiller.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
"went to Texas, came back, forgot the chainsaw / wanna perform a massacre, better be coming with some mutha' f*ckin' sh*t that's spectacular" - Old Dirty Bastard [Zoo Too]

The Exorcist
Some things that would never be done now'a'days due to cencorships... remember the cross... see what I'm sayin'. And it was just some distrubing stuff.

Blair Witch Project
Da' bomb fo' sho' the first time I saw it. Don't know about it watching it now, but it has a top spot in my heart.

The Shining
Who wouldn't like a naked woman in a bathtub? They used real crime scene pictures of bodies when they did that girls makeup.

Jacob's Ladder
Takes you with the main character as he goes somewhere. You aren't sure where it is, but it's wierd. Scary stuff.