Leah Remini: Scientology and the aftermath

Tools    

As a warm up,you should definitely watch these:

BBCs sciontology and me.
Leah Remini actually made a "cameo" on this when she was still a scientologist. John Sweeney was continuesly harrassed and stalked by members of scientology when he made this- He,among others featured in this documentary,will appear on Leahs new show.

the secrets of scientology
follow up on scientology and me:
This is also available on netflix. Mike Rinder-one of the scientologists who harrassed John Sweeny in Scientology and me-has now left the cult and is contributing to warn others. Mike Rinder will also be on Leah Reminis new show

Going Clear

Leah Remini 20/20
Leah did a 20/20 episode,revealing what it was like growing up in the cult and why she decided to leave.This was also promo for her book,Troublemaker:surviving Hollywood and Scientology- in which she basically bashed,scientology,the leader David Miscavige and scientology goldenboy Tom Cruise.
She tells of how after davids wife had been missing for months,she asked about her whereabouts at Katie and Toms wedding.Katie then filed a report on her and Leah had to travel to florida for "reprogramming" (which aslo costs alot of money).

Ron Miscavige 20/20
not long after Leah,David Miscaviges own father left the cult and wrote a book about the monster his son has turned into.Leah Remini featured in this interview.

So glad she got out of the cult.
I kind of liked her and had a hard time believing she'd be involved in something like Scientology.
Glad she now speaks out against it.

yeah,i love her-shes a ballbuster for sure
I wondered that too,but then again her mother brought her into it when she was a kid. They live,work and go to school there so it basically becomes their whole life.
Also what i didnt know before watching going clear (i think) is that they dont really have a clue what they`re supposed to believe in because they only get a bit of information by every "level" they up-and that takes yeears and alot of money.So in scientology and me when John Sweeney is interviewing all these actors and confronts them with the fact that they believe in an alien-they laugh and get insulted.Because they dont know that thats right.

Never seen this: Leah Remini about John Sweeneys egged on "breakdown" on Scientology and Me.
from the audioversion of her Book Troublemaker.

I just had the creepiest thought. Both Tom Cruise & John Travolta are heavy into scientology, and its been rumored that they turn "gay people straight" and use Travolta as an example Mind you this is all magazine/tabloid stuff, nothing credible I could quote, but talk has been around for years. Kinda makes you wonder, has Cruise and Travolta hooked up?

Now you cant unthink it too.

Leah Remini demand 1.5 milllion after Church of Scientology try to stop her show

The premiere of Leah Remini’s docu-series on A&E about the Church of Scientology might only be a week away, but that doesn’t mean that the two parties aren’t still duking it out. In fact, the church has allegedly tried preventing the show from airing and communication between the two parties has gotten so bad that Remini is now demanding the church pay her $1.5 million in damages.
According to reporting done by Tony Ortega at the blog the Underground Bunker, which has long kept tabs on Scientology affairs, lawyers for the two sides have been arguing back and forth about the show with neither side really giving ground. According to legal letters from both parties obtained by the blog, the church allegedly tried discrediting the series — and Remini — to higher ups at the TV network in an effort to prevent the show from airing. Church officials reportedly wrote to the TV network, calling Remini a “spoiled, entitled diva” and “has-been actress.” Ouch.
In response, Remini’s lawyers wrote that the church should pay the actress for all of the emotional and economic damage they’ve inflicted on her. Now, if your first reaction was that there’s no way that would happen, you were very, very correct. The church responded to Remini’s letter with a bitter statement saying her “demands are nothing more than a provocative ploy to generate publicity for what will no doubt be another failed program by a failed ‘celebrity’ seeking to make a buck off of her former religion.” Yep, that’s definitely the opposite of backpedaling.
Remini has been a vocal critic of the Church of Scientology ever since she left it in 2013. Remini, who is most famous for her role in King of Queens, also published a memoir last year, Troublemaker, detailing her family’s role in the church and her eventual falling out with it. And in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres earlier this month, Remini spoke again about the immense “bullying” that the Church participates in when members speak out against it. “I felt I had a responsibility to say, ‘I’m not going to allow you to bully these people who were very brave to come out and tell their stories,’” she told DeGeneres. “There are just average parishioners … . The Church goes after their family to shun their family, oftentimes. I’m very lucky that that didn’t happen to me. My family chose me.”

I once asked, since Scientology has absolutely NOTHING to do with Christianity, then why do they have a big ol' cross as their symbol?

Someone answered that they thought nothing would make it LOOK like a RELIGION more than slapping a big ol' honking CROSS on it! (Subtlety was obviously not Hubbard's forte!)

I just had the creepiest thought. Both Tom Cruise & John Travolta are heavy into scientology, and its been rumored that they turn "gay people straight" and use Travolta as an example Mind you this is all magazine/tabloid stuff, nothing credible I could quote, but talk has been around for years. Kinda makes you wonder, has Cruise and Travolta hooked up?

Now you cant unthink it too.
Yeah scientology hates gays...aswell as love in general and kids.
But they do try to turn gay people straight,and if you`re gay and ashamed of it that might actually be something youre drawn to. Alot of the celebs that are in scientology got in by them "helping" them with their troubles, kirsty ally with her drug addiction and weight,Tom with his dyslexia and john..well gay rumours have been going around about him for years.

what i want to know is what happened to john travoltas son tbh

I once asked, since Scientology has absolutely NOTHING to do with Christianity, then why do they have a big ol' cross as their symbol?

Someone answered that they thought nothing would make it LOOK like a RELIGION more than slapping a big ol' honking CROSS on it! (Subtlety was obviously not Hubbard's forte!)

thats probably true! aswell as why they call it Church of scientology

He went to get his copy of Dianetics signed (heck, that song is catchy )

But Jett died, didn't he?
That is a catchy song! It's performed by Tim Heidecker (of Tim & Eric).
Since the song is so catchy, upon hearing it some people have thought it's promoting Scientology, but it is quite obviously satire.
I'm just wondering, is the woman who's picture they used for "the wife" in the video Leah Remini (it kind of looks like a younger, thinner version of her... but could be anybody)?

He went to get his copy of Dianetics signed (heck, that song is catchy )

But Jett died, didn't he?
yeah he died of a seizure on the bathroom floor because scientologists dont "believe" in medication.