2024 Film Challenge

Tools    

Next year

Sky if you wish, you can also include the collapsible text tags on your list to make the thread easier to parse. If you want to but don't know how, let me know.

Next year, great!
Oh yes, I'd love to do that but don't know how thank you! I'd also love to know how to add coloured text.

Also answers to Jabba
Next year, great!
Oh yes, I'd love to do that but don't know how thank you! I'd also love to know how to add coloured text.

The collapsible text tags are explained in the previous post.

[ collapse="My title goes here"]
[/collapse]

Remove the space and...
My title goes here  

The colored text is done via the 'A' button when you write a post (next to the size dropdown menu).

Thanks for your help! I will make sure to send a list of films out to you for the Nightmare Mode

Current List:

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Also answers to Jabba
Nominations received @Rhys ! They might actually incentivize to finally invest the almost 3 hours needed to watch The Towering Inferno.

@*Sky* and @CaptainT feel free to post at least 10 recommendations for the Stamp of approval challenge and I will include them in the OP!

Thank you!! On it!
The collapsible text tags are explained in the previous post.

[ collapse="My title goes here"]
[/collapse]

Remove the space and...
My title goes here  

The colored text is done via the 'A' button when you write a post (next to the size dropdown menu).

Also answers to Jabba
Is there a list of films with long shorts, by chance?
I googled it and found various films mentioned in websites but nothing concrete unfortunately. You can also use this to get some ideas, though I am not sure how accurate it will turn out to be.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
This is a very lovely first for my fourth year with these exceptional Movie Challenges that Jabs hosts. I get to post a completed section!

yeah, yeah, I know, it's about frickin time, but let me have my moment, lol

anyway,

C. Sophomore’s Choice
[watch one film from each duo of subgenres listed below]
1. Screwball Comedy My Little Chickadee (1940)
+
2. Steampunk Sci-Fi Steamboy aka Suchîmubôi (2004)
+++
3. Film Noir The Verdict (1946)
+++
4. Hand-drawn Animation The Twelve Tasks of Asterix aka Les 12 travaux d'Astérix (1976)
++
5. Spaghetti Western Django (1966)

My Little Chickadee (1940) is a classic with Mae West and W.C. Fields that, while I have seen numerous times in my youth, it has been at least some thirty-odd years since viewing it and an entertaining return.

Steamboy (2004) is brand new to me and done by the same director, Katsuhiro Ôtomo who did Akira and here, does something unique with, at the time, breaking animation. He also bounces seamlessly between the scientific philosophies and the action sequences highlighting steampunk gadgetry. I definitely recommend this one.

The Verdict (1946) Sydney Greenstreet and Peter Lorre were paired for some eight films together and this noir was near the end and continues showcasing this excellent and flawless pairing. With a more mystery whodunit premise and what must have been an utter and complete surprise ending when it debuted, any fan of the two will enjoy this. It is not exceptional, but it has that delightful familiarity of the two that does make it worthwhile.

The Twelve Tasks of Asterix (1976) From a long-run French comic book series with a screwball premise that parodies and celebrates heroic adventures. Nostalgic and amusing.

Django (1966) The first, the original, I was unable to find a version with subtitles and only several with some very terrible dubbing, which, in its way, almost fit this low-budget swath of violence and revenge. I am thrilled to finally experience the inspiration for many later films and shows.

The trick is not minding
Much obliged, my friend! MUCH obliged!
Definitely off to a helluva start.
Welcome back. Good start!
Btw, I watched Django last year on Tubi, which is free but has ads but definitely worth a look. Has subtitles.
Tubi also has a decent selection of films.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Thanks Wylde. Tubi has a surprising amount of lesser known films that I've enjoyed. They had the same poor dubbing, similar to the ones in American versions of Kung Fu flicks in the seventies that detracts and in a goofy way fits the B-movie productions. Watching Django there were times I honestly wondered if the script was that bad or was it lazy translation or both. lol So I am curious to see a subtitled edition at some point, which in the end was never a deal breaker for finally seeing it or revisiting it in the future.

March 1st Update!

Seen It
(Watching It)
Plan on Seeing It

Main Challenge 25/52  

Nightmare Mode 1/100  

Extras 6/6  

Hi everyone, I was so excited to find this challenge online! I am sharing my updated challenge list in a separate post. However, I had two questions and I was wondering if someone could clarify:
- Is it too late to contribute to the movie recommendation list?
- For the Nightmare challenge "Pick one of the lists featured in MoFo and watch 10 films in it", does this only refer only to the winners or also the nominations?

Looking forward to joining you in this movie challenge

I am sharing my list below. I will continue to update it throughout the year
Main Challenge 22/52  

Nightmare Mode 25/110  

Leftovers  

Also answers to Jabba
Hi everyone, I was so excited to find this challenge online! I am sharing my updated challenge list in a separate post. However, I had two questions and I was wondering if someone could clarify:
- Is it too late to contribute to the movie recommendation list?
- For the Nightmare challenge "Pick one of the lists featured in MoFo and watch 10 films in it", does this only refer only to the winners or also the nominations?

Looking forward to joining you in this movie challenge

Hello and welcome aboard! Always great to have new members join. To answer your questions:
You can always recommend films. Post a list of at least 10 and I will include them in the original post.
The 'lists' are here. There are no nominations and winners in them. Don't get confused by the MoFo Hall of Fame which is a different thing.

Hi everyone! Here is my recommendation list:
Rear Window (1954)
Edward Scissorhands (1990)
Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
The Descent (2005)
Chicago (2002)
V for Vendetta (2005)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1970)
Sucker Punch (2011)
Us (2019)
The Mummy (1999)
Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008)
The Princess Bride (1987)
The Devil's Carnival (2012)
Matilda (1996)
Beetlejuice (1988)