Banker hit by car, wakes up with amnesia, investigates secret past

Tools    

I can't remember what this movie was called, and I can't find it by searching either. Hopefully someone here will recognize it!

A man is crossing the street and gets hit by a car. He wakes up in the hospital with amnesia. He's told he works in a bank and has a wife and a home, but he does not remember any of it.

After he's discharged, he goes home with his wife, but he's very uncomfortable because to him, she's a stranger. He also goes back to work, but he's not comfortable there either because he doesn't remember having this job or how to do it. He's not a teller -- he sits at a desk on the main floor of the bank in front of some windows near the entrance.

At some point, some crooks come into the bank, and he springs into action to stop them.

He somehow comes to believe that there was more to his past than people are telling him. Eventually, he figures out, and then remembers, that he has a secret life in which he is
WARNING: spoilers below
involved in a criminal organization but as an undercover cop
He connects with another man who worked with him in his secret life. Part of this action involves him going to a bar and using either the bar's phone or a payphone to call a man in another town. There was also a piece of paper that had some cryptic info on it that he doesn't remember the significance of.

I don't remember what the story really was with his wife, whether she was really his wife or not. I want to say no, she wasn't -- but I just don't remember if she was a fake, or if I just suspected that during the course of the movie.

I saw this movie on late-night broadcast tv probably about 10 to 20 years ago. I had never heard of it before and thought it was either a made for tv/cable movie or a direct to video release. The lead actor was white with light blonde hair and was probably in his thirties or maybe early forties. At the time, I never heard of him before but for some reason I thought he might be a former athlete. I don't remember if I knew who any of the other actors were. I think it was from either the early 2000s or the mid to late 1990s.

Thanks in advance!!

Is this movie in English? If so was it American/Canadian, British or Australian/Kiwi?

Sorry, I completely didn't think to include that info! Thank you.

Here you go: Midnight Heat

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112266/?ref_=kw_li_tt

And your description was really accurate, right down to the lead actor being a former athlete!

Thank you so much!! Every once in a while I would think of this movie and wonder what it was called. It looks like it might be on Tubi -- I can rewatch it!

Thank you so much!!!