Justin Bieber rant

Tools    

Justin Bieber, the person, i don't hate him. I don't take time of my day to hate an 13 year old. I just don't. However old he is. The Bieber fever bulllshit, yeah hate that. But yeah as for the guy himself, i don't hate him. He was at the right place, at the right time, the right person saw him.

Didn't he start out on YouTube?

I found that when people say that when they hate someone like that, they usually hate the hype behind the person, or the people who have made them big.

It was like someone saw him and said, "You know what, we're gonna take this normal person, make him a star, and make a lot of money."

It's not about talent, it's about how much merchandise you can sell from a 16 year old boys face. Not singing talent.

And what is this Bieber fever thing? It's out there, it's huge. But how do you get it?

Is he deserving of the number 1 spot? No.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Why is it that people spend so much time discussing things they don't like instead of ignoring them? So something that you don't like is popular. Oh well. Spend your time enjoying things you DO like, you'll be much happier. It's not like Justin Bieber is actively hurting anyone, or hearing him sing "baby, baby, baby oh" is stopping music that people consider better from being made...THAT I don't get.

If you want to be famous, then DO something that makes people take notice. The Beatles didn't become the Beatles by looking at Elvis and saying "Why isn't that us?" They made music that people loved and eventually they WERE rock and roll idols. You got talent? Use it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

This spring my friend and I actually went to one of his concerts. I'm not the biggest fan myself but my friends is. The concert was so much fun! I really had a great time. It wasn't a big musical experience but I never expected that. 12000 people, mainly girls, screaming at the top of their lungs. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hear anything afterwards.. I mean, I don't get why the girls like him SO much, he isn't that great a singer/musician. But neither do I get the hate. If you don't like him, ignore him.

Why is it that people spend so much time discussing things they don't like instead of ignoring them? So something that you don't like is popular. Oh well. Spend your time enjoying things you DO like, you'll be much happier.
^ This, well said.

Seconded (thirded?).

For the record, I'm not Bieber fan or anything (though my brother did put a poster of him up on the wall while I was at work one day, and I didn't get around to taking it down for awhile...shut up, I was busy!), but obviously he can sing a bit. I think most pop is pretty crappy, but I don't agree with the oft-repeated notion that it's just terrible and completely devoid of value or talent. By all accounts this little dude worked like crazy to build and maintain a dedicated fan base, too.

Anyway, this type of music is obviously highly disposable and exists for certain people at certain times in their lives. It's only really terrible if you expect it to be more than that. It's the music equivalent of junk food. It has its place, so to speak.

Why is it that people spend so much time discussing things they don't like instead of ignoring them? So something that you don't like is popular. Oh well. Spend your time enjoying things you DO like, you'll be much happier. It's not like Justin Bieber is actively hurting anyone, or hearing him sing "baby, baby, baby oh" is stopping music that people consider better from being made...THAT I don't get.

If you want to be famous, then DO something that makes people take notice. The Beatles didn't become the Beatles by looking at Elvis and saying "Why isn't that us?" They made music that people loved and eventually they WERE rock and roll idols. You got talent? Use it.
Agreed.

I'm not a fan, but I don't see any point in hating his hype. Instead of bitching about what other people love, talk about something you love.

It's just common sense, really, because you're not gonna convince his fans to stop caring.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Teen idols have been around since the 50's....btw, check out The Idolmaker, great movie about a teen idol manager in the 50's...

I'm 16 too. Why can't something like this happen to me?!
Because it's extremely rare and nobody has any control over it for the most part. You've got to be the right person with the right skills and the right looks and the right motivation. Don't worry - billions of other people aren't Justin Bieber, as well.

Humanity has a way of turning certain people into Gods. It soothes many pains in life. As long as girls have Justin Bieber, they have a fantasy guy to dream about. But Justin Bieber will have to strongly limit his contacts with all the ladies that love him. Money may flow in, but even he is limited. Plus, can you imagine having every girl around you wanting to love you in some way? Ugly girls galore and all that. You'd go into a mall and it'd be like a bunch of bulls were chasing you down. You'd go anywhere and that would happen.

I can imagine something like this being hilarious for a day -- but for life?? Justin Bieber is going to have this for life! Yes, even when Justin Bieber is 80 years old, there are going to be 80 year old women -- and even younger, because I'm sure he'll find new audiences with the "retro" crowd - still after him. Maybe not like now, but it'll happen.

Granted, the guy still has it made, but whatever. Go care about yourself.

that's what she said...
I am a girl and there is absolutely no way I would ever find anything about Justin Bieber attractive. Not his looks, not his voice... (He sounds like a middle school girl in choir class) --just my opinion-- I feel embarassed for girls who swoon around him... I mean seriously, there is NOTHING about him that should warrent female obsession. He's just a little boy who got lucky. Thats all.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
You're right SC, it wouldn't be fun for more than a day-- Hey Saully, just imagine all the things you currently enjoy doing. Then imagine trying to do them with people banging on your door, hiding behind bushes, hounding you for autographs, interrupting your meals, following you-- constantly! Then imagine the other groups hassling you for money-- friends, relatives, business leeches, lawyers, etc. Add to that haters and nut-jobs and frivolous lawsuits coming at you from every direction.

No thanks man!

Justin Bieber, the person, i don't hate him. I don't take time of my day to hate an 13 year old. I just don't. However old he is. The Bieber fever bulllshit, yeah hate that. But yeah as for the guy himself, i don't hate him. He was at the right place, at the right time, the right person saw him.

Didn't he start out on YouTube?

I found that when people say that when they hate someone like that, they usually hate the hype behind the person, or the people who have made them big.

It was like someone saw him and said, "You know what, we're gonna take this normal person, make him a star, and make a lot of money."

It's not about talent, it's about how much merchandise you can sell from a 16 year old boys face. Not singing talent.

And what is this Bieber fever thing? It's out there, it's huge. But how do you get it?

Is he deserving of the number 1 spot? No.

You're really seem so sensitive for Justin Biber, as Selena Gomez is for that pretty kid.