Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Badlands (Terrence Malick, 1973)
+
Naughty boy meets impressionable girl, fan starts spinning

Poltergeist (2015) - 6/10

Call Me by Your Name

This is this year's Moonlight. Good movie but I hope it doesn't win Best Picture again.

The last one third of this movie was so beautiful, which saved the entire film.
Timothée Chalamet gave an amazing performance, which totally out shined Armie Hammer.
The soundtrack of this movie is a must-own.

Things I disliked:
- It was a bit too long. I usually like long movies, but it needs to be good enough to not feel long.
- The beginning of their relationship was not very convincing to me. But again the ending saved everything.

Final rating:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)

So well delivered, impeccably acted. The cold war laid right out in front of you. When you hear Gary Oldmans pipes there is no mistake that it is George Smiley. I've liked Mark Strong for ages but you can see his chops telling the schoolboy to go away. 9/10 smokey rooms for me.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Very cheesy synopsis but I cant help wanting to watch everything the Dinklage is in at this point in time. Thanks for the headsup. I hadnt heard of this before.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I didn't expect much from the new Fullmetal Alchemist live-action film. I haven't watched a whole lot of live-action anime adaptations, but the impression I've always gotten is that they don't usually work out the best. This film was faithful to the source material, on the bright-side, but, unfortunately, it felt like it tried to squeeze so much into its running-time that most of the moments didn't add up to much. I enjoyed some of the special-effects, but they had their weaknesses as well. I really detail it more in the video, but I'll just sum by saying I'd give this a hard pass.

Network

Welcome to the human race...
Better than the Halloween theme by miles
I'm inclined to agree with this. I'm even thinking of calling this a better movie.

Nogizaka46 Meets Asia! Singapore ver. -

Too boring, as it just show monotone interviews from 6 members, they shouldve cut it into half hour tv segment

Doubt (2008) -

Good movie. Great ensemble

The Shape of Water -

Im not racist, more like species-ist xD
This probably the weirdest from del toro and his blatant breakthrough through current progressive train

Wadjda (Haifaa Al-Mansour, 2012)
+
About starting a new cycle

Slice of life film set at a trashy Florida Motel. One of those movies where the plot is secondary to the characters and what they're going through (kind of like Dazed and Confused).