Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

The Wheeler Dealers (1963)

"The Wheeler Dealers" is a romantic comedy starring James Garner and Lee Remick. It's a fun movie, with James Garner as one of his most likable characters, and he has nice chemistry with Lee Remick. There are good performances by several actors early in their careers, such as Jim Backus of "Gilligan's Island", John Astin of "The Addams Family", James Doohan of "Star Trek", Pat Harrington of "One Day At A Time", Bernie Kopell of "Get Smart" and "The Love Boat", and more.

"The Wheeler Dealers" is not James Garner's best movie, but it's a very enjoyable movie, and I would recommend it for anyone who likes romantic comedies.

The Ladykillers (1955)

"The Ladykillers" is a comedy about a group of men who rob a bank, and then realize that the lady they rent a room from is the only person who can identify them. They decide to kill her, but none of them seem to be capable of doing it, and that's when things start to go very wrong for them. This is a fun movie, with good performances, but as comedy goes, there are some chuckles, but not much that will make you "laugh-out-loud". It's a bit predictable, but stil worth seeing.

I've only seen ET once, back when it was first released. I liked it, just never got around to seeing it again.

I seen you guys discussing which Kubrick films you seen, so I looked them up....I didn't realize he directed Barry Lyndon (liked it), it doesn't feel like one of his films.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Predictable from the beginning until the end, full of cliches, uninteresting characters and painfully long.

I can't understand why this movie is so overrated, it seems that the standards nowadays are very low.

I went to the movies without having read the critics on this movie. And to be honest, I'm glad I did. I have to say I enjoyed Lucy. Sure, it's a bit pretentious and there are some plot holes, but it does its job at being entertaining and action-packed. There are also some visually stunning scenes in the movie, which I really enjoyed.

Let the night air cool you off

Sometimes coherency isn't all that important. On certain occasions you can live with a montage of gory imagery and creative sequences of violent murders perpetrated by things that can only come from the mind of a very sick individual. That's what Hellbound is. It politely asks logic to f*ck off for a hundred minutes so that it can f*ck your mind without calling it back.

Im planning to watch two movies for my Best of the Year list!

Linda Linda Linda (2005) by Nobuhiro Yamashita

I watching this mainly because it was on Michael J. Anderssons top 10 of 2005. Its a bit nervewrecking as it is listed as both a comedy and musical... not my favorite kind of genres, but i hope its good.

Lunacy (2005) by Jan Svankmajer

I love the abilities in the stop-motion departement of Svankmajer. This could be something for me

Locke (2013)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Brimming with rififi!
Collateral 4.5/5 - I remember enjoying Collateral quite a bit in theaters which prompted me to buy the DVD as soon as it was available; in fact, I think it has been since the DVD first came that I last watched Collateral. In that time span--almost a decade now, which is hard to believe--I forgot just how cool this movie is! One element of the film that I picked up on this time around (now that I'm a more educated cinephile) is how fantastic the cinematography is. There are a plethora of shots of the cityscape that I would gladly hang on my wall. My only complaint, an indelible complaint since my first viewing, the ending is too predictable, almost to the point that it becomes trite and contrived.

Spencer's Mountain (1963)

Henry Fonda stars in "Spencer's Mountain" as the father of a large family, and their struggles with money and other family issues. This is a good movie about family values with some very dramatic moments. It was the movie that inspired the TV show "The Waltons".

Overall, I thought that "Spencer's Mountain" was a bit overrated. In my opinion, it's not a great movie, but it is good, and even if this is not your type of movie, it's worth seeing just for the amazing scenery.

Marlowe (1969)

James Garner stars in "Marlowe" as Raymond Chandler's private detective Philip Marlowe. As usual, he's great with the wisecracks, but he just doesn't seem tough enough to be Philip Marlowe. It's almost like watching a long episode of "The Rockford Files", rather than a Philip Marlowe movie, and that's not a bad thing, but it just doesn't feel like Philip Marlowe.

The story is solid, and there are some great performances by supporting actors, including Carroll O'Connor, Rita Moreno, William Daniels and Bruce Lee. Overall, the movie is a good movie, and it's definitely worth watching, but I doubt anyone will ever live up to Humphrey Bogart as Philip Marlowe.

Dick Powell made a decent Philip Marlowe. I haven't seen Garner in Marlowe.

It's hard to envision the Philip Marlowe character in anything but glorious Black & White!