Sequels unconnected to the original

Tools    

BANNED
Okay now why is it when movies have sequel some of them have nothing to do or connect with the orriginal? can someone please explain

When movies make lots of money, studios want more money so they make another movie and bill it as the sequel to the original movie, hoping to drive up revenues due to the connection to the first movie that was good/made a lot of money.

Originally Posted by cosmonaut
When movies make lots of money, studios want more money so they make another movie and bill it as the sequel to the original movie, hoping to drive up revenues due to the connection to the first movie that was good/made a lot of money.
Yea I argee it is always the money!If it is good and it makes good money they will make another one and it will sometimes flop most of the time it does!
I could name some pitfull sequals like Adadin two and three and four they sucked and Little Marmaid two!Most of the sequals don't even make to the movies because they are so bad!
All I ask is that they stop making sequals and come up with other ideas to make money!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

I can't think of a sequel that has not tied into the original.

I agree with Bickle

Neither can I. Well, Legally Blonde 2 didn't really have a point to it, but that doesn't count. BTW, the only reason I saw LB2 was because it was at the drive-in and the second movie was Bulletproof Monk, (which also was horrible) and my sister likes to watch both movies. This is the same sister who convinced mom to not let me watch Pulp Fiction and American Beauty. But I talked mom into letting my rent American Beauty, and my friend (garett) smuggled it to my house and we watched it. (Reservoir Dogs is better)
And found he was eating his shoe.

I have agree with Travis too… I can’t think of a one that didn’t have something in common with the first one…

BTW… it’s nice to see you posting again Travis…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Thanks Caitlyn, It's nice to see you still posting.