Any good movie series nowadays?

Tools    

reread the OP, dude
Sure, doesn't change much though. The conversation had moved way past Star Wars before what's his face mentioned it.

I didn't see that though so point taken.

Welcome to the human race...
Fair point. Certainly not about to agree with the idea that all Marvel movies are inherently soulless, that's for sure.

Besides, we can all agree that the only franchise that has managed to stay good is Resident Evil.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
TV is where it's at only if you have a very narrow definition of movies. If you're only watching the same five shows/series then sure movies probably aren't for you, otherwise your golden
My narrow view is in relation to Hollywood blockbusters, I do appreciate its a narrow view although without doing a study and putting too much thought into my feelings are that even 5 years ago and prior to that we had better quality blockbusters. Better movies were released. Harry Potter movies, very good movies, LOTR great movies.....Then obviously movies that weren’t in a series. Of the blockbusters I’ve liked in the last few years I’d have to say Interstellar, mad max fury road, sicario and prisoners although they weren’t blockbusters. There the only ones that come to mind right now.

I feel it’s noticably slipt. I’m a movie lover although I’m finding myself increasing reluctant and pessimistic about watching upcoming popular releases and focus more on watching the movies of old I have missed. In terms of my pessimistic view obviously that is my issue. It’s probably not a good thing, it’s negative but I can’t help feeling this way. Somethings different, the creativity maybe. Studios give directors like Nolan the creative freedom he desires/demands then you see Directors with one or two obscure movies on their resume directing the next big multi million dollar franchise entry and then you get the results that you get....not good ones.

Again this is my issue as these movies are making tonnes of money and generally have critical acclaim and followings. But I just feel like movies in the past were better and quality has been somewhat diminished but not in tv.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I don't agree with that at all, it actually seems incredibly stupid to me. I think we should be aiming higher than Minio as a site.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I don't agree with that at all, it actually seems incredibly stupid to me. I think we should be aiming higher than Minio as a site.
I strongly agree with him about Marvel films being crappy from the start. I still don't get why people think Iron Man is any good. It's such a formulaic film. Maybe people just respond to the fantasy/sci-fi aspect of it.
There's just something about the whole Marvel film universe that has always felt extremely fake to me.

I like Minio quite a lot, by the way. I think, as a site, we can use more pure cinephiles like him. They broaden the perspective immensely!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
pure cinephiles like him
I'm not pure. I'm stained with pinku eiga. I'd rather not say what this stain is made of.