23.14%
28 votes
Die Hard
3.31%
4 votes
Lethal Weapon
121 votes. You may not vote on this poll

█ █ █ █ █
Scarface truly is ridiculous. I have no clue what its fans see in it.

Personally, i really like De Palma's style / approach, and think he keeps it through different kinds of thrillers with consistence. Also, regarding Scarface, we get that memorable Pacino's performance.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Scarface truly is ridiculous. I have no clue what its fans see in it.
The chainsaw scene.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Personally, i really like De Palma's style / approach, and think he keeps it through different kinds of thrillers with consistence. Also, regarding Scarface, we get that memorable Pacino's performance.
I think people like it cause it's entertainingly ridiculous, myself included.

My order of those would be:

The Terminator
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Scarface
Lethal Weapon
Beverly Hills Cop
Die Hard

I know I am putting Die Hard last. It's not necessarily a bad movie, I just don't think it's as entertaining as the others per say.

My order of those would be:

The Terminator
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Scarface
Lethal Weapon
Beverly Hills Cop
Die Hard

I know I am putting Die Hard last. It's not necessarily a bad movie, I just don't think it's as entertaining as the others per say.
Die Hard vs Lethal Weapon is like Jaws vs Lake Placid.

█ █ █ █ █
Well, that's not exactly the way i see Scarface. I'd say i feel this way about Russ Meyer movies, for exemple.

Well Scarface isn't as ridiculous like a Russ Meyer movie, but it's like one of those crime stories you read about in the news or see on a documentary show, and you kind of shake your head at it, as is if it's crazy and can't believe that that happened, but it's still plausibly realistic enough but still ridiculous, if that makes sense.

Scarface truly is ridiculous. I have no clue what its fans see in it. However, I'd have to rank Scarface above Lethal Weapon. I rewatched Lethal Weapon a month ago, so it's still fresh in my mind... it's just a stupid movie at this point.

I love Die Hard, it's a great movie... I just feel its a class below Raiders and Terminator. But I feel there's a pretty sizable gap between Die Hard and the bottom three.
lethal weapon is a stupid movie????? ud better check ur iq my friend, sorry

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I'd say The Terminator, and by a considerable margin. It's one of the great atmospheric pieces of the 80s, exhibiting the obvious visual fare and sheer talent of then upcoming master James Cameron. Yes, I think he is a masterful at what he does - nobody can craft an action piece like Cameron. Each one of his films feel distinctively like a Cameron film and never like a sterile studio entry like most of the fluff that constitute the bodies of action films today.

Scarface truly is ridiculous. I have no clue what its fans see in it. However, I'd have to rank Scarface above Lethal Weapon. I rewatched Lethal Weapon a month ago, so it's still fresh in my mind... it's just a stupid movie at this point.

I love Die Hard, it's a great movie... I just feel its a class below Raiders and Terminator. But I feel there's a pretty sizable gap between Die Hard and the bottom three.
lethal weapon is a stupid movie????? ud better check ur iq my friend, sorry
Have you watched Lethal Weapon recently?

i did and its a brilliant buddy cop film, it s very very good, it has heart and action and mel and danny are brilliant together

Out of the above, I'd put scarface on top !

i did and its a brilliant buddy cop film, it s very very good, it has heart and action and mel and danny are brilliant together
We'll have to agree to disagree. I feel it's dated and cheesy. Whereas Die Hard, Terminator, and Raiders have aged like fine wine.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I feel it's dated and cheesy. Whereas Die Hard, Terminator, and Raiders have aged like fine wine.
do u mean the plot is dated?, or the effects in general, like the action direction... maybe, but it s by no mean a bad film.

“I was cured, all right!”
"The Terminator" for me. Using action as Storytelling is something that american directors looks to have difficulty this days. Die Hard is pretty great too.

Wow I never thought this thread would get bumped again, cool got more votes, I got another thread just like this also https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=42720 if anyone wants to check it out

do u mean the plot is dated?, or the effects in general, like the action direction... maybe, but it s by no mean a bad film.
No, the effects still hold up well today. The plot I feel is a bit corny, and silly, especially the end when you have the stupid fight scene between Gibson and Busey... such an 80s scene.

No, the effects still hold up well today. The plot I feel is a bit corny, and silly, especially the end when you have the stupid fight scene between Gibson and Busey... such an 80s scene.
well yes, it was the 80s, and for that scene only i'd forgive the film for the brilliant rest of it, to me this is one of those movies set in LA which shows u different parts of it, places of the rich and famous aswell as slums and low life places...i like movies which give an ultimate depiction of where it is set, and i happen to love LA