Series You Rank In Release Order

Tools    

Jurassic Park is another for me as well. Barring the end sequence I really didn't much like or enjoy it at all and found it rather boring besides the climax. I am however cautiously optimistic for the fifth installment next year.

I've never seen The Matrix sequels, but it seems to be something of a consensus that the trilogy gets weaker in the subsequent sequels. I only ever saw the original and remember it being okay from my memory, and it seems universally agreed the the series is one that had diminishing returns.

Candyman could be another for me. There's times I like the second film more than the first but both are close for me, both are among my favorite Horror movies. The third, ick.

Having recently rewatched the original three Poltergeist movies again, the first two are very close for me and I'm sort of undecided which of the first two I liked better. The original is a classic and I think the second is very underrated and doesn't get enough credit. The third is easily the weakest, has it's moments but overall pretty weak and forgettable.

Lord of the Rings (not counting The Hobbit)

That's a tough one, I'd have Fellowship as the best but the other two are very close for me.

The Alien films would be in order up to the first four, I might have the two recent ones over Resurrection though.

Maybe the Before Sunrise, Sunset, etc films?

Lethal Weapon (though 2 is practically as good as the original).

This may be one for me after I go through the series again, been so long. I recall liking 4 better than 3 but it's been too long and I need to re-visit the series again to make a fair assessment on that.

Maybe the Before Sunrise, Sunset, etc films?

I've heard of these films but have yet to see them. They'd be a fine addition for this topic, any series of movies with at least three or more installments you felt got lesser as the series went along.

Not that the third film even counts because it isn't even an official authorized sequel, but Creepshow is one I'd imagine I'd pick for this as well. The original is among my favorite Horror films and the second though not quite as good is still entertaining. Not seen the third but from what I've seen and read about it, it looks absolutely horrible. It's widely disregarded among fans from the canon and not hard to see why.

Jack Ryan
Die Hard
Police Academy

I've only seen the first few or so Police Academy films but I've noticed the general consensus is they got worse as they went along. I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment or review on the last movie, Mission To Moscow.

Jack Ryan is one I'm way behind on, and thinking back I actually don't believe I've ever seen The Hunt For Red October, only Patriot Games and Clear And Present Danger. But I notice most seem to rate THFRO as the best.

Another that could possibly be one for this for me is the Riddick series, but it's been so long. The original (Pitch Black) was the best to me and the other two were both good, but sort of blur in my mind. Definitely a series to re-visit someday, only seen them once each.