James Franco & Anne Hathaway To Host 83rd Annual Academy Awards

Tools    

Interesting choice. Wouldn't have been my first picks but hey...

Oscar telecast producers Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer announced just now that "James Franco and Anne Hathaway personify the next generation of Hollywood icons— fresh, exciting and multi-talented. We hope to create an Oscar broadcast that will both showcase their incredible talents and entertain the world on February 27. We are completely thrilled that James and Anne will be joining forces with our brilliant creative team to do just that.”

Analyzes Deadline awards columnist Pete Hammond: "Part of the reason the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences feels comfortable going with these two is that both James Franco and Anne Hathaway have both very successfully hosted Saturday Night Live. And they looked at that and felt these young actors could work in front of a live audience which is why in the past the Academy has gone to so many stand-up comedians. And, of course, the other factor is that they really 'young up' the Oscars this year. It's an interesting choice and certainly unexpected and bold."
http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/jame...to-host-oscar/

Moved to Actors, Awards, & Directors.

I like the choice. Franco's an odd duck, but I think he'll be interesting. I particularly like Hathaway here -- she was great in that little number with Hugh Jackman a couple of years back, so I'm all for more.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The new outting by Franco looks interesting, Castaway in a cave if you will.

he was particularly good in City by the Sea opposite Robert DeNiro. Its almost a shame he's best known for the Spiderman flicks.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
The new outting by Franco looks interesting, Castaway in a cave if you will.

he was particularly good in City by the Sea opposite Robert DeNiro. Its almost a shame he's best known for the Spiderman flicks.

i am way too claustrophoic to see this movie. i really want to see how Franco did as James Dean a few years ago. i heard he did an awesome job.

HK, we all know that you can't sit still for three hours to watch the oscars even if Drew was hosting!!!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Ironically I am taking vacation the same week as the OSCARS will be on. I guess I'll just have to watch it when I get back, hopefully nothing gets spoiled for me either.