Favorite hard drug movies

Tools    

Sid and Nancy is probably the best I've seen. It's disdain for drug culture (as well as punk culture) is so perfect that the film is both hilarious and tragic. Unfortunately, much like the other great drug movie (Trainspotting, which, let's face it, absolutely glorifies heroin) it has become a gateway film for a lot of people who end up thinking shooting junk is super bad ass. Which only means many people watch this movie wrong (they are definitely watching Trainspotting right though)

Requiem For A Dream is as real as it gets

The Acid House >>> Trainspotting

Euphoria in the television world

The drug movies I have seen recently Enter the Void and Climax are by Gaspar Noe. He is an experimental filmmaker so you are not going to get a straight story here. Enter the Void is very visually engaging story of a drug dealer who is dying of gun shot wounds in a public bathroom. Climax is about a dance troupe that is dosed with LSD and nobody seems to survive the night. Not my experience with acid, obviously, but what are you going to do. It was fun because of the dancing.

I have seen most of the drug films out there, but I don’t have any favourites. It was never a subject I found particularly compelling. The only drug-themed item to make the cut would be Breaking Bad, despite it not being ‘hard’.